2001 2100V removed remote for head unit and power went away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 2100V removed remote for head unit and power went away

I have a 2001 2100V. I replaced the head unit over the winter with a Kenwood Bluetooth unit. At the time I left the remote next to the driver alone. It obviously didn't plug into the Kenwood (the stock was a Clarion & Clarion remote).

I ordered a compatible remote for the Kenwood this spring. When I removed the Clarion remote there was a black ground wire and a blue (I assume 12V constant) that I pulled off of the remote. When I did this the power to the stereo went away. I am a bit surprised; because I didn't have the clarion remote hooked up. The only thing I can think of is that there was a switch in the remote that allowed the remote to turn on and off the stereo by putting a relay in the main power.

Anyone know how this worked?

The black is ground and the blue is illumination for night. Those circuits have nothing to do with the operation of the remote, just lighting it up at night. With that said, I do not know how the blue illumination would effect 12V B+ on the head unit yellow or red. I also dont see how the remote illumination ground would effect the head unit ground.

When you say "power went away", have you verified the loss of 12V on either the yellow B+ or red switched IGN circuits with a volt meter? This is the fastest and most accurate way to determine why the head unit will not turn on.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I found it...

Apparently when I was pulling the 6 pin apart I pulled one of the 9 wire connectors apart. DOH!!

KK
      Last edited by tower210; 05-29-2017, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X