New Stereo stuff installed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Stereo stuff installed!

Shout out to our resident audio expert Chp who fielded probably way, way too many questions from me (and potentially a few more that might come up ;-) ) as I installed this stuff. I decided to go with a temporary amp rack vs carpeting, etc due to the fact that in a few years I'll be adding a third amp for the tower speakers. Chp provided me with all the wires, blocks, etc, new Wetsounds 12"FA sub, HTX-1 and like I said, expert follow up advice. I also purchased 2 additional in-boats from Chp end of last year that I installed during the project...

I also added an HTX-6 and dual battery/perko switch (battery/switch installed by Matt/crew at Modern Marine)..

Needless to say this setup exceeds my needs on the water and I can't wait to finally get out this year!

First cut is always the hardest....especially on a brand new boat...

20170512_202612.jpg

20170513_201341261.jpg

20170521_170554.jpg

20170522_161753_010.jpg

20170522_161803.jpg

20170522_161818.jpg

Nice! So if you dont mind me asking, what came in the boat stock?

Comment

Sweet. Nice work on that amp rack, looks legit.
      Steven Wellman, Tige owner since 2017

Comment

Looking good
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by dilligaf622 View Post
          Nice! So if you dont mind me asking, what came in the boat stock?
          On the 2017's the standard radio option was a Marine Audio MA300 head unit (in the glove box) with 4 Wetsounds in-boats.

Does anyone with an amp rack worry about water getting on the amps? I've tossed around the idea of getting a piece of plexi cut to size and installing it over the amps to protect the amps from water getting on them.....My kids are 4, 2, and a third on the way and the reason I'm thinking about the plexi...

Comment

I can't see how they would get that wet. The new R series compartment opens differently so it might have some leaking from rain coming in, besides that it's probably fine.

Comment

Could you give some direction on how you did the amp rack? I really need to clean my area up.
              BABz - babzusa.com
              Austin, TX

Comment

Originally posted by BurnMac42 View Post
                On the 2017's the standard radio option was a Marine Audio MA300 head unit (in the glove box) with 4 Wetsounds in-boats.

Does anyone with an amp rack worry about water getting on the amps? I've tossed around the idea of getting a piece of plexi cut to size and installing it over the amps to protect the amps from water getting on them.....My kids are 4, 2, and a third on the way and the reason I'm thinking about the plexi...
                That's a big change from the 2016 I'm guessing for stock system. The rack you built looks like it is in almost the same spot as mine is stock. I haven't had any problems with water in the amps yet.

I don't think it would be a good idea to cover the amps.... they could get pretty hot if you have a sheet of plexi over the top of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutATX View Post
                  Could you give some direction on how you did the amp rack? I really need to clean my area up.
                  It's nothing fancy. I actually ordered a large, commercial cutting board off Amazon for like $20....much cheaper than Starboard/HDPE or Marine Ply and it's fully synthetic so nothing to rot. I cut 4 round discs out of the 12" circle of HDPE I cut out for the sub. I then put stainless washers on each side of the discs and used those to "elevate" the rack (those are the 4 bolts in each corner of the rack). After that it was figuring out where to place the amps, run the wires, and then cut out each hole for the wires. I cut the holes underneath the amps so the wires were run underneath the amp and then behind the rack then up the back of the rack. Then it was a matter of hiding the wires in the plastic sleeves for a clean look. I attached the rack to the stock location because Tige puts a piece of what I assume is HDPE underneath the carpet because it's where they attach the amps from the factory.

Originally posted by dilligaf622 View Post
                  That's a big change from the 2016 I'm guessing for stock system. The rack you built looks like it is in almost the same spot as mine is stock. I haven't had any problems with water in the amps yet. I don't think it would be a good idea to cover the amps.... they could get pretty hot if you have a sheet of plexi over the top of them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  I believe the standard radio option in 2017 was an "upgrde" on the 2016's. They made a handful of the "upgrades" from 2016 standard features on the 2017s and up'd the starting price a bit....

Comment

Originally posted by BurnMac42 View Post
                    It's nothing fancy. I actually ordered a large, commercial cutting board off Amazon for like $20....much cheaper than Starboard/HDPE or Marine Ply and it's fully synthetic so nothing to rot. I cut 4 round discs out of the 12" circle of HDPE I cut out for the sub. I then put stainless washers on each side of the discs and used those to "elevate" the rack (those are the 4 bolts in each corner of the rack). After that it was figuring out where to place the amps, run the wires, and then cut out each hole for the wires. I cut the holes underneath the amps so the wires were run underneath the amp and then behind the rack then up the back of the rack. Then it was a matter of hiding the wires in the plastic sleeves for a clean look. I attached the rack to the stock location because Tige puts a piece of what I assume is HDPE underneath the carpet because it's where they attach the amps from the factory.
                    I have my amps in the stock location from tige. But the wires are a mess. Thats a great Idea with the cutting board.
                    BABz - babzusa.com
                    Austin, TX

Comment

Looks clean man. Nice job. Mike is obviously the one to ask about the plexi, but I couldn't see how it could hurt. I regularly see a pile of jackets, towels, and all kinds of other gear slammed up against the amp rack in spotters locker since everyone is maxing out rear lockers space for ballast. Seems like if you did some standoffs and placed it just over amps but left all sides open it would still stay cool. Can't be any worse than the above mentioned items as they are basically insulation slammed up against your amps.

Comment

Any input chp on the standoffs and plexi over the amps? Does anyone else really do this or would it be overkill for the amps?

Comment

As long as the amps are not closed in by the plexi, heat will not be an issue.
                          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                          X