Wet Sounds Tower Speakers - Alpha Z Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet Sounds Tower Speakers - Alpha Z Mount

I recently purchased my first boat - 09 RZ2!
    The previous owner had purchased replacement speakers for the tower but I don't believe the mounts are the same. I've been to the Wet Sounds website and searched through the forum but can't locate the exact match to my tower. The speaker packaging says I have the X-Kit mount but they will not fit the molding of the tower support.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by naterbme; 05-11-2017, 02:10 PM.

IMG_4591.jpgIMG_4592.jpgIMG_4594.jpg

Comment

What cam from the factory on your boat is the Wet Sounds X mount pods. However, Tige molded a beauty collar that goes of the mounting of the pod and between the tower, to create a seamless look. These collars were/are only available from Tige and only packaged with a pair of speakers. You could not/cannot buy the collars by themselves. Sadly, the early gen alpha-z tower speaker perch was not flat, had a little convex to it. The X mount pods will bolt to it otherwise.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks chpthril
        I'm assuming the easiest thing to do at this point is to look into having the speaker repaired? It still works but a little distorted / blown..
        If I was able to make the X mounts work with some sort of modification, I doubt it would be very aesthetically pleasing.

Comment

Do you know if Tige still offers the collars with the speakers (as a combo)?
          Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          What cam from the factory on your boat is the Wet Sounds X mount pods. However, Tige molded a beauty collar that goes of the mounting of the pod and between the tower, to create a seamless look. These collars were/are only available from Tige and only packaged with a pair of speakers. You could not/cannot buy the collars by themselves. Sadly, the early gen alpha-z tower speaker perch was not flat, had a little convex to it. The X mount pods will bolt to it otherwise.

Comment

It looks like your tower has two pair of speakers that are factory, is this correct?

And you have another pair from the previous owner that you are looking to put in place of one or two that are suspect? If so, can you post a pic of what you have?

Those factory tige beauty collars will come off the old pods and will fit on the new one, providing the new ones are the same pro-60 or pro-80 models, which have been retired for a few seasons now.

The other though is, depending on whats on the tower and what new speaker you have, you may just want to swap it all out.

As to a blown speaker. There are three components in the pod; mid-bass, compression tweeter and cross-over, as well as the amp and the source input to the amp.

The collars are not needed on the new gen tower, so do not know if tige is still offering them, Call your local dealer as they should be able to find out for you
            Last edited by chpthril; 05-11-2017, 10:49 PM.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Correct, I two pair of speakers on the tower. One is distorted and the one is not producing anything. I still need to check the one that is not working, it could be a loose wire...

I don't have a picture of the replacement speakers but I will take one this weekend and post on Monday. The original owner actually talked with Wet Sound and they gave him what they thought was the correct replacement, not realizing the specialty mold that Tige had created on this model.

The replacement speaker is the Rev 8. I tried to pull the internals from the new speaker and re-use the existing molding but they mounting hardware keeps the speaker from mounting flush.

I should know more this weekend. I plan to give it another go and see what I can make it work.

Thanks again for the insight. I'll keep you updated on the progress!
              Attached Files

Comment

Let me know if they have these. I want to upgrade to the rev10s next season, and am hoping they have a solution for this.

Comment

Well, the new speakers will not fit the old pod. I did locate a cut wire and managed to get one working. That will have to do for now.

That does mean that the above listed speakers will be for sale. I have 2 pair, identical and in the original packaging.
                  Originally purchased at 1,000 per pair. Let me know if anyone is interested!

Comment

Im struggling to understand what you are trying to do and what it you cant do.

You have a speaker thats made specifically to bolt to the tower, simple as that. What you do not want to do, it try and mix and match components from your existing "Pro" series speakers with the new "Rev" series. You would want to remove a complete pod and replace it with a complete pod. Do not take parts out of anew one a try to put them in an old one.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                      Let me know if they have these. I want to upgrade to the rev10s next season, and am hoping they have a solution for this.
                      There is no dilemma for which a solution is needed. Wet Sound Rev or Icon speakers with wither the X mount or the TC3-S mounts will bolt right on to a Tige Alpha-Z tower.

08 with OEM installed pro-60 and aftermarket installed Rev-8. Besides one being a Pro and one being a Rev, the only difference is the lack of the beauty collar on the new rev-8 because they didi not come from Tige.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome thanks. I think they look good there.

Naterbme If you dont like the look without the collars and want to sell them and or want my 4 working pro 60s in trade pm me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have rev 10's without the collar and it looks completely fine to me. Only someone in the "know" would even potentially notice.

Comment

Id love to see a grill view of the speakers with something to give them scale. It looks as if they are two pair of pro-60. If it were mine, id pull both pair of Pro-60 and go back with just that one pair of new Rev-8.

Comment

Mike,
                              Thanks for the pic. I knew the bolt patterns were the same but I was trying to keep the same look (beauty collar) and didn't think it would look aesthetically appealing (which it does on the above pic).
                              I'll see if I can post a pic later today.

Comment

Working...
                              X