2017 Murphy Media Source Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Murphy Media Source Unit

Anyone with experience with the 2017 Murphy source unit? Looking for thoughts and opinions on the zone volume functions.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Never heard of them. Got a link?
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I have the Tige Clear in my RZX3, which i believe is a Murphy based product, and I love the zone control. I don't like that the system doesn't have an EQ, but its tuned from the factory to sound pretty good for all styles of music. I have also found that by changing the EQ setting on my iPhone, does make a difference while out on the boat.
      -Brandon Lucas
      Houston, Tx

Comment

Is this what you're talking about?

http://www.murphybyenovationcontrols...isplays/pv1100
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I think they work really similar to the 420 from Wetsounds. I was gonna put another 420 in my boat until I realized it had that. Seems to function very well in my opinion. You can mute or adjust volumes on tower , in boats and sub. You can also turn down the bow or rear independently. 8/10 IMO

Comment

Dunno, its what ever Tige is now using as their source unit in the 2017 models. No longer like a clarion or Polk, or even the Marine Audio unit found in the R boats. The higher end units are more integrated into the helm control system.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mike,
              Haven't had any training from tige yet on the new Murphy unit, but have had some from Skiers Choice on Supra. They are also using a Murphy controller that's integrated to screen. Let me go thru my thumb drive at work tomorrow and will try and get you whatever I can find. I'm assuming Murphy isn't designing completely different units for each manufacturer, imagine it's just all software.
              Normally end up learning more as these systems experience problem, and so far only had issues with Bluetooth and remotes on Supras. Had a tige come thru the shop with the new digitally tuned wetsounds that never got tuned. Tige sent us all the hardware to load their tune into the amp.

Comment

Thanks, ill take any info you got!

Really interested in the end users feed back on how user friendly and effective the system is. zone volume control is such a huge deal these days. Not just boats with towers, but large pontoons with a bar area and general seating area. or forward or aft firing speakers. Larger boats with transom or bow rail mounted speakers, salon and cabin zone, etc.

If the zone control menu is buried in sub-menus and not quickly reached, its not user friendly.

Comment

It's very user friendly. You can switch through Bluetooth, aux, USB whatever your choice easily. U click on the audio option on the screen and you can pull up the equalizer with the touch of the screen. Like I already mentioned you can control every zone of your audio system from there. I can take pictures of it if you like. It's more like a hidden head unit as far as the actual hardware. On the Z1 it's behind the seat in the bow in front of the helm. There u find the tower , in boat and sub rca's u can then run to the amps. Pretty convenient really
                  Last edited by ChrisBarnes05-12-84; 05-04-2017, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X