Tige R22 stereo unit upgrade??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige R22 stereo unit upgrade??

I have a 2016 R22 that camecwith a Marine Audio MA300 head unit.
    I always have issues with the Bluetooth connecting, I'm not very happy with the sound, it sounds Flat and tinny.
    Has anyone upgraded their stereo? What units fit in the hole? It doesn't seem to be a standard size like a an older car with a DIN size opening.
    I'm eyeing the JL Audio MM100, it seems to be about the same size?

I'm no stereo person but I'm just going to say your head unit is probably perfectly fine. You most likely just need to run the speakers off amps instead and if you don't like the Bluetooth connectivity get a wetsounds controller.

Comment

The boat has two amps, 6 speakers, and a sub.
      The BT is weird, runs through and app on my iPhone. Hard to connect.
      The stereo is super basic, no adjustments really.
      I'd definitely like a better head unit.

Comment

I have not spent any real time with the MA unit. So it does not even have basic bass and treble adjustments? No eq even like the fixed ones were you chose between preset modes like flat, jazz, rock, country, etc?

Does it sound the same on other modes like tuner, USB or old school AUX head phone cable?

Can you isolate the in-boats and towers and listen to one zone without the other? need to know which zone is tinny.

How is your phones internal EQ set? I strongly suggest it be set to flat when using the head phone jack or streaming blue tooth.

My next step, prior to replacing the head unit, is just eyeball the amp setting. Tige has tuning instructions, but thats not to say one or both amps are not set properly.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X