Custom Billet Sub Vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Billet Sub Vent

Any interest in this? Similar but with a "wave" in the center? Looking at getting one done for a custom RZX build we are putting together. Dont have any info yet, just in the planning stages, just gauging interest. I might get one extra for me to have, either way.
    Attached Files
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Finally got a prototype cut and wanted post a pic. Hope to have the prototype in my hands in a few days. Make a couple tweaks and final adjustments and we should be ready to mill a few production units.
    Attached Files
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Looks Killer..... Would that vent under the observer seat? So into the walkway?
      Germaine Marine
      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

More or less, depending on the boats layout. When we are forced to place a woofer in the insulated locker, we need to vent the locker in order to get the most out of the woofer's output. We want as much of the bass radiating into the main cabin as possible. Closed on the locker, the bass is just a boat shaker.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ZX3&highlight=

Comment

Is there a reason you’re going to mill them? Laser cutting would be faster and cheaper, I would think. Even after polishing.
          Even plasma would work just fine which would be even cheaper. If you have a dxf file I could help you with that for next to nothing.
          Last edited by UNSTUCK; 10-22-2017, 01:50 PM.

Comment

this type of fabrication is not my expertise, so take my use of "mill" very general. Sonic is on top of the actual fabrication. He did an awesome job of incorporating.

Thanks for the offer though. I remember talking last that aluminum was not a medium you work with.

Comment

Cnc cutting is not a problem with any metal. I’m just now getting into tig welding aluminum. It will be a while before I actually offer that as a service.

Comment

Understood. Those welded supra/moomba brackets are still one on my ongoing needs and the popular feeling is that doing them 2 pieces and welded works out best all the way around compared to 100% CNC billet.

Comment

Ill gladly purchase one when its available.
                  Germaine Marine

Comment

I have 5 in production and hope to see them soon. Once I have them, ill drop them off to be powder coated black and then they'll be ready to installation.

Comment

How much will they be?
                      If you wanna know what I did , come with me next time...

Comment

Working on price right now, should have that worked out this weekend.

Need to make clear, a change in this first run of vents. These first 5 will be steel, not aluminum. They will be powder coated just the same, so durable finish and no worries about issues with a freshwater boat.

Long story, but the next batch will be aluminum.

Comment

Ill wait for alluminum, and would prefer it bare so that I can powder it a custom color if possible.
                          Germaine Marine

Comment

Ill send you raw steel one if you want. Wont likely get any aluminum ones cut until I move these.

Comment

Hey Mike could you include the dimensions and let me know cost on the bare steel ones

Comment

Working...
                              X