Placement of 2 In Boat Speakers 21V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placement of 2 In Boat Speakers 21V

I got a 1999 21v limited (pictured boat below is a internet photo not my boat). I only have four 6.5" in boat speakers all ran straight to the head unit (2 in the Bow and 2 below the Back seat point up at a 45 degree angle see yellow below in pictures) and and 10" sub ran to a 2 channel amp under steering helm. I do not have a tower so no tower speakers (wish there was a way to get music to the rider without tower speakers). To make matters worse if I turn the stereo up to loud then it will turn the head unit off and reboot / restart the head unit. I believe this happens because of a output problem with the speakers pulling to much power at the upper volume and the head unit not being able to supply whats needed to the speakers.

This brings me to my problem, when we wake board we cant turn up the speakers loud enough for the driver to hear without the head unit powering down and restarting. So I know I need to at the very least run a 4 channel amp to my in-boat 6.5" speakers.

I figured I would go one step further and add 2 more 6.5" speakers in the boat and and instead of a 4 channel amp get a 6 channel amp.

The main reason would be to get a cleaner louder sound to the driver while underway without having to crank the system up. In the pictures below where would y'all suggest putting the speaker on port side option 1 or 2 in picture below? I figure the speaker on the starboard side has to go where 1a is?

I was thinking about putting them under the windshield but feel like that would be a harder install to cut a hole in the fiberglass for that location?

Last question for now hopefully, how would y'all cut the hole in the fiber glass for a 6.5" speaker? I was thinking a pilot hole followed by using a jig saw to cut out a larger hole to fit speaker?

A 4 chnl is all you need to add that 3rd pair. A 6 chnl would be more ideal as it allows for each speaker to have its own chnl. Amp runs real conservative. But again, a quality 4 chnl is perfect. This relieves the load from the head unit. In any case, I would rewire the power harness to it as the time of the amp installation.

I like your #2 spot. For the 2nd one, I would look at forward and below the throttle.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
    X