upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrading

So I'm going from 4 to 6 in boats and not sure on where to put the extra 2. The boat is a 2007 22ve. Any suggestions who be great, thanks.

The OEM spot would be under the helm for one. Cant remember where the 4th OEM spot is, cause I cant remember where the 2nd OEM spot was. Where are the current 2 in the main cabin
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

one is behind the driver seat and one in the rear on the port side

Comment

Ok, so #4 would go right across from the driver above the cup holder that are under the observers seat.

Now, if you have or are planning on a sub woofer, id reconsider the under helm speaker. It would be best to be isolated from the woofer. This can be done by design of the woofer enclosure and facade. Or below and forward of the throttle is an ok spot. However, it gets close to the edge of the panel. This now needs to work in order to isolate the back of the speaker, from the front.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I think under the helm will be a little tight with the woofer enclosure I have and the heater and air duct on top of that. I would have to isolate the speaker in the side panel by the throttle?

Comment

With the speaker close to the edge of the side panel, you can get some rear cone output coming around the panel mixing with front cone output. Its out of phase and creates issue. You are best to build some dividers that isolate the back of the speaker.

Comment

This is where I added speaker 6 on my Ve.

Comment

That looks good too. I'm getting ready to wire in the new xs-650's and was wondering if I could use the factory harness or would it be easier to just run new wire? They be going through a syn4

Comment

If they are going in the OEM spots and the boat is pre-wires, then yes, id use those leads. You will have the bow pair on 2 amp chnls. and 2 pair on main cabin on the remaining 2 chnls.

Comment

Do I have to cut the wires out of the harness for the head unit and reroute them to the apm? Thanks for your help!

Comment

If the existing 4 speakers are not currently wired to an amp, then yes, you will have to sever them from the head unit harness and rough them to the amp. There may be enough harness there to do this. Folded over and taped up in the harness loom. By that year, tige pretty much pre-wired for all options, including an amp for the in-boats. So I believe the harness was left long enough to reach the amp, even though the amp option was not installed.

Comment

How are you guys mounting your sub enclosures to the floor?

Comment

You dont want a wood enclosure sitting on the floor for starters. There are factors that will dictate whether the actual enclosure is secured to the floor or not. There are designs in which the box is secured to the facade and the facade is secured to the boat and times where the box is secured to the boat and the facade is bolted to the box.

Comment

The box is coated with bed liner but I still want it off the floor. Was think of using some treated 2x4s as spacers and screwing it to the helm wall and maybe gluing it to the floor?

Comment

Originally posted by majestic View Post
                              This is where I added speaker 6 on my Ve.

That's a good spot to put it.
                              Last edited by ErneW; 10-19-2021, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X