Little upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little upgrade

Was time to add Bluetooth. So got to rewire everything that I just wired up a few years ago. The original head unit was in the glove box with a remote over by the steering wheel. Mounted new Kicker Media Center in place of the remote and then had to fish all the wires over from the locker to the helm. Almost just put in the WS Bluetooth controller but went a head and went for the all in one.

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_6093.jpg

IMG_6095.jpg

Had to fill in the old hole in the glove box, so added a little storage. I'm no fiberglass man so not 100% as pretty as it could be but its very functional.

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_6096.jpg

Looks good. Great work!
    You're crew will love your hard work.
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Awesome job, looks like a super clean install.
      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Looks good,

I don't think you used enough screws :P lol jk

Comment

Install looks good! Is the kicker unit Bluetooth only or do you have an aux cord or something for an iPhone or what not as well?

Comment

Looking at Crutchfield, it looks like it has a RCA AUX input and a usb input (iPhone Compatable) in the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
              Install looks good! Is the kicker unit Bluetooth only or do you have an aux cord or something for an iPhone or what not as well?
              http://www.kicker.com/KMC10

AM/FM
              Weather Band
              BT
              USB that will stream as well as charge a phone
              Nameable AUX input
              EEPROM memory
              Battery monitor
              Dual zone volume
              dual input
              Two wired remote options
              Can power four 4 ohm speakers

The step up the KMC20 and an even more budget friendly model is the KMC2 compact media center

Here are some pics of the KMC20 and its black box control center. http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...des&highlight=
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Greeko View Post
                Looks good,

I don't think you used enough screws :P lol jk
                Haha like I said not pretty but functional

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                  http://www.kicker.com/KMC10

AM/FM
                  Weather Band
                  BT
                  USB that will stream as well as charge a phone
                  Nameable AUX input
                  EEPROM memory
                  Battery monitor
                  Dual zone volume
                  dual input
                  Two wired remote options
                  Can power four 4 ohm speakers

The step up the KMC20 and an even more budget friendly model is the KMC2 compact media center

Here are some pics of the KMC20 and its black box control center. http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...des&highlight=

The KMC2 is a nice little unit just wouldn't cover the existing hole I had in the dash from the very first factory remote, so went 1 step up to the KMC10.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruger761 View Post
                    The KMC2 is a nice little unit just wouldn't cover the existing hole I had in the dash from the very first factory remote, so went 1 step up to the KMC10.
                    If anyone else find themselves at this same crossroad, even with a transom remote, cut a filler plate that sandwiches between the unit and boat. Inner hole matches the new unit, OD large enough to encompass the original hole as well as any footprint left behind. if a bushing is needed to counter some slack, cut its OD to the same OD as the larger original hole.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Tricks of the trade, I like it plus save $

This hole was rectangular though so would have looked a touch off, the original installer of the old JVC unit really cut a rough hole.

Comment

Working...
                      X