Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Way to Feed Audio to Wet Sounds RGB Controller..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Way to Feed Audio to Wet Sounds RGB Controller..

Last year I just split the line out on my iPhone to feed the "audio in" jack on the controller. It seemed like no matter how I adjusted the sensitivity control, the lights flashed however they saw fit. I'd really like to get the LEDs to sync with the sub. Can I split my sub outs on the head unit, pre amp of course, and feed them into the 3.5mm input jack? Would this give me lights just on the bass, or are those frequencies gonna be too low for the controller to work with?

Secondly, for those with experience with the RGB controller... have you ever got the sensitivity dial to change anything? Is this only a problem in my case? I spent hours in the boat in the driveway at night trying to get things "controllable"... only ever seemed like random chaos. Am I expecting too much?

Moving the input to the sub out of the head unit would limit the band width only if the head unit is limiting it. Otherwise, its going to be a full range signal just like your head phone output.

Have you tried using the MIC and placing the controller close to the woofer? Also try the different music modes.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Mine didn't come with a mic.. just any random mic on a 3.5mm cable work? Controller is actually located under the helm, next to the sub enclosure. Reading back through the manual just now, it says not to install controller in areas of high magnetic field or high SPL.. I'm running 1200w into my 12".. is that too high SPL? Could that be my problem?

Comment

The MIC should be internal, what model controller do you have? You may have to experiment with proximity to the woofer to get the desired effect when using the MIC as opposed to the hard cable input.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Boats in storage so I can look at it right now, but I believe it's probably the most current RF-RGB-MC V2 model.. ordered it from wet sounds last year and it's got the same remote with the color touch wheel as the one shown on their webpage..

Comment

Working...
          X