Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REVO 12" FA Sub!

https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/REVO12FASW

Well now that they finally released info on them...anybody heard them in person yet?

Chp, what amp (Wetsounds, Kicker, etc?) would be ideal to drive this sub + 3 pair of in-boats (XS-65's)?

The Syn-DX6 and the 4 ohm SVC revo-12fa = 600W rms to the woofer and 100W rms to each speaker.

or

An HTX-1 to a 2 ohm SVC revo-12fa = 650W rms and an HTX6 for the in-boats = 110W rms.

Volume wise, both options are going to be the same. Price wise, about the same as well. Space, the two amp option rewires more realestate. The reason why I like the 2nd option is for the HTX-1 mono amp over bridging the woofer on 5/6 of the DX6. The HTX-1 has a infrasonic (subsonic) filter and this is great tool when tuning an IB woofer.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Would the second option force me into a 3 amp scenario once I add tower speakers or force me to sell/change out an amp to handle the tower? I don't plan on adding anythning onto the tower for a few years but I would like to try and avoid a 3 amp scenario if possible....

Comment

Yes, that would be a 3 amp setup = in-boat amp, sub amp and future tower amp. I would use a cardboard cutout to represent the future 3rd amp to aid with layout. Make the space for that 3rd amp now, then no issues lather when its added and no need to sell off a current amp in favor of another.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X