Help..replacing speakers in a 2006 20i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help..replacing speakers in a 2006 20i

Trying to replace All the speakers, all dry rotted cracked torn.and amp. I see 2 speakers in the bow and 2 speakers in the back,and the 1 sub under the drivers dash.
    But is there more? under the seats i see what looks like a "crossover"for each 6.5?
    Also need help with the amp. It had the Kicker 5 channel 700.5. When turned it on the amp goes in safety mode?"red light". Unhooked all speakers, and amp still turns red when powered up??Need new amp? HELP BEFORE SUMMER GETS HERE!!!!!
    Looking at Wetsounds 6.5s are good?
    Amp Kenwood -M8005 ??

If your system is completely factory installed, it would have 3 pair of speakers, so 6 speakers in total. one pair on bow, 2 pair in the main cabin. One speaker is under the helm next to the woofer and another might be behind the driver's seat.

You will need to do away with those cross-overs. You will not need them with new speakers. Also, you will need to run some new wiring. You cannot connect the new speakers to the same wires that were connected to the old speaker.

Yes, wet sounds offers excellent speakers. the mid level 65i series, the newly retired 650 series if some are still available, and now the new Revo series.

kicker also makes a very solid, good sounding marine speaker.

If all of the speaker lead,s including the woofer leads, are disconnected as well as all of the RCA cables and the amp still powers up in protect mode, then yes, there is an internal issue. Knowing the woofer you have, I would suggest the Kicker KXM800.5 as a replacement. Its a marine amp and will power the woofer and the speakers nearly with identical wattage as the old 700.5.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Great thank you. I will look for the other two. Stupid question why replace the wiring? speakers and amp?

Comment

The speaker wire at the speaker, runs the obsolete cross over. Speakers will not be connected to anything unless you run new wiring.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

gothca thank you..

Comment

Working...
          X