Tower speaker swivel connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower speaker swivel connection

Hi, I have 2011 RZR and the tower speaker on one side the sound is intermittent. Jiggle the wiring on the connector shown and seems to be the cause at the wire connection. How can this be fixed, wiring or replace connector?
    Tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray,

Those Samson/Exile swivel tower mounts are prone to one specific failure that I would look close at first. The 1/4" head phone jack male in the pod side, are known to get a wear spot from the metal contact tab in the tower side of the mount. Because of the design, this wear is typically only on one spot due to the small area of contact this design allows. This wear can be accelerated by a pod thats not kept tight by using the allen tool.

So a little wiggle of the pod and the sound goes in and out. If this is the case, one short term fix is to rotate the tower side 180 and remount. This puts the metal tab on a different spot of the male head phone post.

If your mount is suffering a broken connection where leads come off the tower side of the mount, it might be fixable if you can re-solder the connection(s). You may need to remove the female connection from the mount and then fix on the bench or replace. Last, purchase a new mount.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks chpthril and appreciate the reply, will give the 180 rotate a try
      All the best for 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X