Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audio mods. Rewire, remote controler, tower speaker painting. Any tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio mods. Rewire, remote controler, tower speaker painting. Any tips?

Hey guys! Just store my '16 rzr in my garage and think about some mods during winter.
    I'd like to work on the audio system if anybody can give me some opinions! (Chpthril maybe haha)

I will order a kicker dual zone remote to control both inboat speaker and tower speaker separately and put it just beside my wetsound sub controler knobs. I like the kicker because it use a data cable wich is better for sound.
    Im familiar working with wires But im not an expert in sound system haha maybe need some advice for saving me some hours!
    Is this really complicated to separate both inboat and tower speaker? I think Both tower speaker and inboat speaker are on the same amps (not sure about it) i've never took a close look yet but pretty sure 1 amp is for speakers and the second one is sub. So how do i seperate them? Last remote i instaled in my car was simply a AUX plugging in my amp haha.

In the same time of wiring these remote, i've thinking about maybe rewire Some other thing to gain more watts. I will not change my amps and add more speaker or sub neither. I think my sound is enough like that but maybe just increase a little my sound and sub without change anything instead of wire am i right? And Is this worth? Maybe the '16 audio wire are already a their max. Idont really know much! Wich wire can really be worth for change to have significal change because im not gonna change all just for minus change.

Other mod i will make is painting my tower speaker rev10 rear box. Anybody ever did it? Im a automotive painter so i will remove the speakers but i dont know if the plastic cover is simple to separate from the speaker. i will see about that!

Thanks alot for your advice!

The Kicker ZXM-RLC is a great choice. simple yet effective zone control. I also like the fact that they now ship with 2 long cables. Used be a short and long.

The OEM amp setup will be a wet sounds Syn-2 driving the tower pods. Thats the smaller of the 2 amp. Syn-6 drives the 3 pair in-boats on 4 chnls and the sub is wired to the remaining 5/6 chnls. Real easy to separate. Wont even need any new RCAs, just re-purpose whats there and change a couple amp settings. Theres a Kicker dealer around here that could supply the ZXM and the how-to im sure.

You will most definitely need to retune the amps once the ZXM is installed. Its got a 9V p/chnl line lever driver. WAY hotter input signal than the head unit. No rewiring to be done to get more watts. Everything is wired properly for optimal RMS watts output.

There 3 sections of the Rev-10 that can be painted. Grill piece, nose piece and then the main body of the pod. All 3 piece can be separated and painted a different color if you like. So it depends on how you want to do them. Dont have to remove the cross-over from the pod but i would stuff the pod with paper to cover it.

1) You can do the grill a different color from the other two sections. This only requires pulling the grill and speaker driver and taping off the chrome iron cross inlay.

2) or if you want the nose section a different color, pull the speaker driver, find the screws that hold the nose to the main pod body and remove them and then carefully separate the nose and pod.

Here is a pic of some painted rev's. They started out as white pods off the customers old boat. Pulled apart and did the main pod in black and then the nose and grill in moto green to match the boat.
    Attached Files
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks alot chpthril. I cannot had a better respond! Thanks for the pictures too.
      For mine, speakers are all black. Im gonna pull out the grill and nose, left them black and paint the main pod white.

Comment

Working...
      X