Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Stereo

Hey there.
    I have a 2013 Z3 and the stereo went out the last time we were out. No power to anything. Amps, 420, head unit and Tige touch(just for stereo)
    My dealer gave me a couple of 60 amp fuses as they feel this is the issue.
    I am having a heck of a time locating them.
    I found these circuit breaker at the back of the boat but unable to to see if that is where they are.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

Taking the boat for an adult weekend and we gotta have tunes.

Thanks for the help
    Kvon

Check directly at the positive bus behind the battery, where the cable attaches from the amp to the battery, should be behind the batteries.

Comment

So it sounds like I actually need to move the batteries to access the fuse.
      Thanks for the help. ����

Comment

Quickest route to resolving is going to require a volt meter, do you have one? if not, go to your local lowes or home depot and get one for $20.

Without a meter, you are guessing. My first guess would be to put the battery switch in the COMBINE position with engine running.

With a meter, Id start by checking voltage at both batteries.
        If 12.0 of higher, id move to the head unit connector. Black is ground and yellow is battery constant. Measure across these for battery voltage, which you just checked.
        Next, with boat on (engine doesnt need to be running) check for battery voltage on the red wire. If you have voltage across the black and yellow and then the black and red, the head unit should be awake. If no voltage on one or the other, you have to work back to their source. The red comes from the key switch or button. Yellow and black come off the Syn-6's power cable terminals. Measure voltage there next. No voltage at the Syn-6 results in no head unit power up.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X