Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New speakers coming out for 2017

Hey guys check out the new speakers coming out for 2017
    http://bluaveaudio.com These are some serious speakers for the marine industry from Waves and Wheels http://www.wavesandwheels.com. I just got done hearing these and they are awesome. Justin has put a lot of time and effort in the design of these new speakers.

https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...debuts-at-ibex

Going with a pole mounted and open magnet was, um, an interesting choice, considering everyone has moved away from that design. Grill or spider mounted tweeter, enclosed magnet and sealed cross-overs are normal features these days. Their specs are not very clear to understand, but if im reading them correctly, their 9" speaker has an OD of 8.46", so smaller than the 8" speaker offerings from Wet Sounds, Rockford, JL, exile, Roswell.

I hate that I somehow missed their booth at IBEX a couple weeks ago.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Overall I compared them to the focal and they are louder and clean sounding. Order a pair and check them out. I'm not one for specs but with the ear test they rock. You could always call Justin and ask him about them he is a friendly guy and knowledgeable.

Comment

Im not familiar with the focal marine, but they've got some fine car audio speaker ranging from $200 p/pair to $24K p/pair.

Specs are not the end all be all, however, they are a useful tool in the decision process. The physical spec helps us determine what size class a speaker is in so we can compare it to like size speakers. Last thing you want to do is demo for a customer brand A 6.5" and brand B 8". The larger speaker will almost always have the advantage. A consumer might come away thinking Brand B is the better speaker over brand A, when in reality, it was the difference in size they heard, not the better speaker.

Next, accurately stated specs are important. A manufacturer can intentionally or unintentionally, mislead consumers with advertised specs. Numbers in a speaker's model name can make a speaker sound larger than it really is or putting an "M" at the end of an amp's model number implies its "marine". Sadly, this is the business model of one particular marine audio manufacturer/internet retailer.

So, its important understand the specs.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I don't have focal marine speakers they are car audio speakers and cost a pretty penny. I went to talk with Justin and he has his demo board up with his new line of speakers on it. And while I am not necessarily comparing apples to apples due to the size difference between my focal 6.5's and his new 7" and 9", there were impressive. I wish you would have been able to hit the booth at the IBEX. Looks like this is setting up for you to do a comparison and post the numbers and your opinions for us lol.

Comment

I was once taught that when putting together any audio system, whether it be home, car or marine, always demo speakers with your own music and buy them first as most buy the amps or head first and scrimp on the speakers. I could care less if it's 6.5, 8 or 10", buy what sounds nice-to your ears-regardless of specs or price. the whole reason I have icon8's instead of rev8's or 10's. the rev's did not sound good to me.

that being said I always enjoy reading the specs comparisons that chp and dave from earmark put out. I have heard that "particular marine manufacturer" and their stuff sounds good, but do appreciate the facts that are brought to life when manufacturers claim "x" and it's actually "y". will be interesting to read over the coming months if this turns into a long-term player in the marine market and look forward to chp's review of the goods.. good or bad.
            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Trudelle, Great to see that waves has its own speakers out now! They do great work and have thousands of satisfied customers. Great to see them in the market with their own speaker lineup, will be interesting to follow them and see where it goes. Shows just how hard the owner works to make his business successful regardless of specs he has a product and is proud of it!

You changing out your setup now

Comment

Thinking of putting Justin's new speakers in the boat. He had been a good guy and I am proud of what he has done to my boat. With his intensity, love and knowledge of audio I am a lifelong customer. I have been using him since he was a small shop and feel like I've l have grown with him. I would like to see a comparison with his speakers and with the others brands in the market now.

Comment

Working...
                X