White Wet Sounds speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Wet Sounds speakers

Not sure if y'all follow wet sounds on FB, but they've posted some photos of their booth at IBEX and it looks like they have some new speakers that are all white with white/chrome grills that look amazing! I can't wait until everything is official. I also see a sliver of that new head unit.

Also they have all black which looks awesome. I really wish I would have waiting because I like the black & white over the silver. https://www.facebook.com/31485473322...253224/?type=3

Comment

Saw that picture come across my instagram feed... I'm still waiting for a 600-750rms infinite baffle 12"... any idea if this could happen soon??? Mike??

I know jl makes the m12ib6... which meets those requirements, but...

Comment

Was in their booth yesterday and say the new speakers first hand. Some really cool stuff coming out
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

What about Mtx Jackhammer which amplifies the base beyond the thoughts. Have you checked this?

Comment

It looks like wet sounds updated their website, which was sorely needed. Great job.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
              Saw that picture come across my instagram feed... I'm still waiting for a 600-750rms infinite baffle 12"... any idea if this could happen soon??? Mike??

I called dibs on the first one in the audio threads

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post

I confess that I did not think to ask Tim about the 12fa release time frame. We talked for about an hour on new stuff. if Tim does not see this thread and replay by next week, ill email him. Right now, they are breaking down the show to head back to TX, and with a hurricane going on.

The XS and SW in-boats have been revised. There is a new Revo series in-boat that is a step up from the original XS/SW 650 series.

A new 6x9 that comes as a raw driver as well as in a molded pod. Got to demo these in their Seahunt off shore boat.

New line of mini amps

New SW style louvered grill Rev tower pods.

New AS-10 sub setup in a molded pod as well as a molded pod for their 6.5" woofer.

New stealth sound bar design. New housing/grill, new amp, new drivers = better sound and better build.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Any update on the head unit? What is the difference in sound of the 6x9 over a rev8 or rev10?

Comment

The head unit is very close. Just a couple minor tweaks before full production. They had one running things in their Seahunt demo. Really cool features and user friendly.

The new Rev-696 is to the original pro-696 as the Rev-8 is to the original pro-80. SQ is first, volume is secondary. The 3 pair in the demo boat were driven by an SD-6 with 185W rms. You would not have known these where an HLCD without looking. As compare to the Rev-10? Not really a fair comparison. To the Rev-8? If building a tower setup from scratch, ill take a round 8" over an oval. if you have something like the titan-II or roswell 6x9 pods and like them and want to kep them, then absolutely work looking into the new Rev-696. Have a large boat with deep wide gunnels, then look at the Rev-686SM pods. Want a jammin dock or deck system, again, the Rev-696SM.

Comment

Awesome thanks! Will the head unit have a built in EQ? I've been holding off getting an EQ so maybe I can get this head unit instead even if it costs more coin.

Comment

IIRC, it has 3 bands with a 3dB +/- sweep if thats what you are looking for, but its not a WS-420 with FM radio. It has zone control, which IMO, is far more desirable.

Comment

What is the difference between zone control and what the WS-420 does?

Comment

Zone control is the ability to individually control the volume of different zones. The WS-420SQ, BT and WS-220 do this as well as there are many other means of zone control. In addition to zone volume control, both the 420SQ and BT have a dual 4 band equalizer. The WS-220 is just zone control, no EQ. The new head-unit put more emphasis on zone control and less on EQ'ing. With the strides that Wet Sounds has taken with the HLCD tower speakers, the need to tone down the speakers is not as great.

Comment

great!

Comment

Working...
                              X