Woofer Acting Strange...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woofer Acting Strange...

Happened twice today, first time all summer.. Plays fine while we're anchored and chillin, then we pull up to head out of cove and the sub will cut out. Amp(kx1200) not losing power because the red bar stays lit, but sub quits playing. I can hit neutral, turn the key off, and restart... And everything plays fine again... Any ideas where to start looking???

What about the protect light, is it illuminating? The amp can see low voltage but not low enough to shut off. Knowing the voltage at the amp cables when the issue happens might be worth it.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Wow.. Just looked at my manual and saw that the protect light is on the side under the little mini usb port.. I feel dumb for not knowing that. For some reason I was thinking it was like the wet sounds amps and the red power bar would just change colors or flash for protect.. I'll see what it does tomarrow if I can get it to do it again... It only did it today when the volume was high and some pretty solid bass was hitting.. Makes you look like a fool when it quits..

Comment

if its certain to happen, then just leave the door open, making it easy to see at a quick glance.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Knock on wood here, but I mighta fixed it.. Your talk of low voltage but still being powered on had me thinking. Came out with a voltmeter to start checking everything and the wing nut where my power cable hooks to the battery was loose, I'm talking almost backed completely off... Cable was still on and touching probly enough to power the amp, but not to supply enough juice when she started asking for it... I've tightened it down and been blasting music for about 10 minutes trying to get it to do it again.. No problems yet.. I'm sure the neighbors are pleased...
          Thanks again for your always quick responses mike!

Comment

UPDATE: Went out today after tightening the loose power cable and all is good. Not only is all good, but all is better.. Apparently, the other couple of cables coming off that post power other things in the boat, because the TAPS whine and other static in the speakers that I've been chasing for a month is gone now too!!!

Comment

Loose connections can add resistance to a circuit, resulting in a voltage differential, equaling audio ground loop.

Comment

Well we're good now.. And again, from me and everybody else on his forum that you help over and over again, MANY THANKS!!

Comment

Michael is a boss-
                  Germaine Marine
                  "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Working...
                  X