Clarion CMD 6 replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 RZ2. This fall I'm going to replace my clarion unit. About the only thing I can use is the Bluetooth I plugged in to Aug 1. When using phones on BT I can't use the TT or transom remote and don't like leaving phones on back of boat when hanging out.

The question I have is there a head unit that I can plug an Android phone into a USB or Bluetooth, run Spotify and use the music controls on transom remote and TT?

Any help is appreciated and it doesn't necessarily have to be Clarion.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

When using phones on BT I can't use the TT or transom remote
    What functions are you wanting to have through the TT and remote, while using BT? You get volume, but obviously with a universal BT plugged into an audio only AUX input, you have no data or bi-directional control.

The hurdle is going to be what unit is compatible with your transom remote and TT. What model is your transom remote or better yet, is the remote plug the 6 or 8 pin? I have a feeling that your CMD6 is the older 6-pin. Anything new, is going to be the 8-pin remote, and thus not functions. Changing the transom remote is easy, but this leaves out the TT.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Looks like 8 pin. Don't really need to operate remotes using BT. Mostly want to be able to plug phone into USB and use the remotes to change songs so we don't always have to have phone close. All we have right now is BT. Can't seem to get phone to work off USB.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Comment

Phones are android. I could skip the TT but would need a remote or something mounted for driver to control

Comment

Can't seem to get phone to work off USB.
          This is likely the android phone, not the head unit.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            This is likely the android phone, not the head unit.
            I had trouble with USB port when I used to use an Ipod. Now we have numerous android phones and none work. Maybe I wrongly assumed these weren't compatible with android since all documentation seems to talk about Apple and none of our phones have worked. I do think I need to replace the unit. Maybe I can just replace with same model.

Comment

Originally posted by Ochrod View Post
              I had trouble with USB port when I used to use an Ipod. Now we have numerous android phones and none work. Maybe I wrongly assumed these weren't compatible with android since all documentation seems to talk about Apple and none of our phones have worked. I do think I need to replace the unit. Maybe I can just replace with same model.

Doesn't wet sounds have a head unit coming out? Would that head unit fit into the existing CMD6 slot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaceaser View Post
                Doesn't wet sounds have a head unit coming out? Would that head unit fit into the existing CMD6 slot?

yes, no wont fit. The soon to be released Wet Sounds unit and existing Kicker source units are a black box style. The displays would not fit without fabrication. They will not interface with the helm management system either.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                  yes, no wont fit. The soon to be released Wet Sounds unit and existing Kicker source units are a black box style. The displays would not fit without fabrication. They will not interface with the helm management system either.
                  I want one regardless especially if it has a built in EQ.

Comment

Have you looked into the clarion CMD8 with the newer MW1 remotes? It's the newer updated version of that 6 and has a few more capabilities. Replaced a CMD4 or so in my last boat with it and loved its capabilities over the older clarion. Will be a direct replacement as far as hole sizes go.

Comment

Direct fit, but still does not accept USB streaming from an android.

Comment

Working...
                      X