Might be a dumb question but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be a dumb question but....

So, I'm waiting on my R21 to come in and I'm trying to figure out a basic sub/amp setup to pick up this winter that I can add on to over the years.....the dumb question is this:

With enough power to it will an XS-12 being run as a "free air" still out-perform an XS-10FA being mounted under the helm?

I think I want to max my storage space since the rear bags in the R21 are not sub-floor so if I can avoid taking up stroage with a big sub box I think it will help....

I got the "premium" choice for the boat so it's coming with the head unit and 4 in-boats....My old boat had 4 in boats with the XS-12 being driven by a Kicker 800.5...decent set up but since I'm starting from scratch I can make sure to get pieces that will compliment my overall goal..

Eventually I would like to get another pair of in-boats for a total of 6 along with a pair of tower speakers...... If possible I would like to keep it to a 2 amp setup and that is where I defer to the expertise here......the upgraded sound system from Tige adds 2 more inboats + XS-10FA and an HT-6 amp...is that amp the best choice or knowing that I want to eventually add tower speakers would that change the amp combo recommendation?

With enough power to it will an XS-12 being run as a "free air" still out-perform an XS-10FA being mounted under the helm?
    All things being equal, yes, a larger woofer will always outperform a smaller woofer. Both run in an infinite-baffle alignment, the larger woofer wins. Both with the same power, larger woofer wins. However, you really dont want the XS-12 running IB. It really needs to be in a small enclosure, either sealed or ported. Now, if you dont want to build an enclosure but want the added benefits of the larger woofer, then you want a 12" woofer thats designed to perform best, in an IB applications. Hold your horses, I think you will be happy come later this year.

If you are going to order the base level and build from there with a 12" woofer. you want the Syn-DX6 for the 3 pair of in-boats and a 12" woofer. This leaves you with one more amp for the towers.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Now, if you dont want to build an enclosure but want the added benefits of the larger woofer, then you want a 12" woofer thats designed to perform best, in an IB applications. Hold your horses, I think you will be happy come later this year.
      Go on............

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      If you are going to order the base level and build from there with a 12" woofer. you want the Syn-DX6 for the 3 pair of in-boats and a 12" woofer. This leaves you with one more amp for the towers.
      As always your expertise is much appreciated!! Any idea on the release time for the hint above?

Comment

Any updates on the release of a 12" FA sub?

Comment

No updates on anything that might be hearsay
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X