TT does not control Clarion CMD6, but swim platform does

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TT does not control Clarion CMD6, but swim platform does

The Stereo in my new (to me) 2013 Z3 sounds fantastic, and you can control it from the Clarion CMD6 head unit or the remote on the swim platform. However, the TT does nothing (volume, song choice, etc.).

I updated the TT firmware... no help.

Could someone describe the wire on the TT (color, size, RCA Connection or something else, etc), does it connect to the Viper? and (if so) the wire from the Viper to the Clarion? and what it looks like at the head unit?

I am sure I have a connection issue, but I have pulled, unconnected, reconnected, etc. everything I can find it still the TT does nothing...

Thanks!

The TT acts much like a slave remote to the head unit, in regards to the head unit. The interface with the Medallion Viper shares the same input as the transom remote, into the back of the head unit. They both plug into a T cable, which then plugs into the back of the head unit. Find that Y cable and unplug and reconnect each of the remote extension cables first, then retry. Next, go to the helm and find the other end of the remote cable and do the same, making sure its fully seated. Next, unplug one of the remote cables from the Y and see if the transom or TT work. Next, plug that cable back in and unplug the other. A faulty or failing remote can make other inop. Unplugging the bad one will allow the good one, to work. In this case, if the transom is going bad, but functions, it could be preventing the TT from working. Disconnecting the transom remote might allow the TT to work again.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I had similar issues. check your ground on the head unit....

Comment

Working...
      X