420BT vs 220BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

420BT vs 220BT

I am curious as to why WS would make these the same price? Seems like 3 zones would be sufficient for 95% of installations. So why would someone want a 4 zone controller with no tone controls?

I agree and if it would have been $299 I would have bought that one versus the 420. However, I am actually using the EQ portion more than I would have thought. There is such a wide range of music played in the boat.

Comment

Gotta think outside the box a little. Tow boats with tower and in-boat speaker zones is just a small part of the boat market. Think about bow riders, cruisers and large pontoons. These other boats may have transom speakers, arch speakers, salon speakers, bow or deck rail speakers along with the main cabin speakers. On a toon, there may be rear and/or front firing speakers. A large pontoon may also be divided into a bow and aft congregating area. Wives hang out up front, dudes hang out by the bar and each get their own volume level. On these other boats, that 4th zone is very helpful in having a user friendly system. On any boat with bow speaker, these can be set into their zone, #4 zone, to allow a more quite zone for wife or kids to have a little separation from the main cabin and tower zones. On boats with windshield mounted speakers, that 4th zone is a huge plus, as these speaker need to be dialed back due to their positional advantage.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

fair enough. big boats bigger problems....

what is the mounting depth of the 420BT? I only can find width and height. Where can I get power for this guy under the helm and I don't really see how the undermount brackets WS has on the site help other than to carry the weight of the entire unit with other brackets (included????).

Comment

The wet Sounds EQ's and zone controller need 5.5" min. Thats putting a snug bend in the RCA cables. 6+" allows for less bend on the RCAs.

You do not want to grab the B+ and B- from under the helm. Since you will need a turn-on trigger from the head unit anyway, just run 3 wires from the largest amp, and fuse the B+

The unit will include L brackets for basic mounting, but the 420 BT can also be panel mounted as it has a nice over-sized face. The under dash mount makes for a super clean install. Comes in black and silver. Just need to be sure you order the correct under-dash for the BT, not the SQ.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X