No fm signal since adding amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No fm signal since adding amps

I replaced the amps in my boat and now I have no fm signal from the head unit (clarion cmd4). I added a wet sounds ht6 and an arc audio ks300.2. Can the signal from the amps interfere with the fm signal. I don't even get static. The head unit is in constant search for a signal. Is there a better antenna to try, mine is just the approximately 18" wire that is stretched out? Any thoughts? Thanks

Ive had a bad rca leak FM into the amp could be heard in AUX or CD mode with nousic playing. Not had an amp take out AM FM. Does the system play otherwise in other modes? Make sure the anntena is fully seated into the head unit. Make sure the wire didn't pull loose from the terminal.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have a wet sounds 420sq with the added Bluetooth. Bluetooth works, but I gain almost twice the volume when I plug my phone directly into the auxiliary plug in the 420. I ran an rca from the head unit to the 420 so I could still use the radio, but I get nothing. On the face of the head unit there's a signal that keeps going around like its searching for a signal? I know I made sure that I plugged the antenna in good, but I'll check again. I'm at work today, so I'll check everything again tomorrow. Thanks chpthril!

Comment

Ok, so we know the system is intact from the WS-420SQ to the amps. What we need to do is test the main input to the WS-420. Put in a CD and see if it plays. or plug in to the red AUX plugs on the back with a 3.5mm x RCA cable. If you still have no sound, then the issue is not the FM tuner.

What head unit output did you use to connect to the EQ, gray front, black rear or purple non-fade?

Are you sure that the input mode dial on the WS-420 is turned back from AUX to MAIN when you want to listen to FM?

Next take that 3.5mm x RCA and plug into the 420's main inputs taking the place of the head unit.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I did try a CD, but the CD player did not work, the screen read error. I will try the 3.5mm x rca into the AUX of the head unit.

I don't remember which set of rca's I hooked it to? Which one do you like to use?

Yes, I'm sure I switched the input dial on the WS-420.

If none of the above work, I will try the 3.5 x rca on the WS-420. Unfortunately it will be tomorrow before I can get my hands on it. I'll report back tomorrow.
          Thanks

Comment

Definitely need to try another source mode through the head unit.

On the CMD series, i prefer the purple non-fade as its adjustable. However, for testing purpose, just make sure that the RCAs to the 420 are plugged up to either of the 3 outputs.

Also, the head unit volume needs to be turned up. Just making sure we cover the basics.

Comment

Well, that was an easy fix... On the install I just connected to a pair of RCA's, low and behold I picked the one that was for an auxiliary input. Switched RCA connection and all is good. I double checked everything except what output I had hooked the RCA's to, it doesn't work when you have it hooked to an input. Haha. Thanks again Mike!

Comment

Working...
              X