2011 Rz2 Sterio Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 Rz2 Sterio Question?

I have the Tower of a power setup with a Syn 6 and Syn 2 Amp. I have constant static on the two lower cockpit floor speakers! (Green wire to both) doesn't matter what audio source selected? I am not a audio guy! Any suggestions? Are those speakers powered by the Syn 6 or the 2?

All 3 pair of in-boats and woofer are driven by the Syn-6. Tower pods driven by Syn-2.

Since these two are wired with the same color wire, this would indicate that they are paired together on the same amp chnls. Since the same side bow speaker is not exhibiting the same noise, this really narrows it down. With system off, unplug one speaker and power up. Listen to speaker. Next, plug it up and unplug the other. Listen for one to clear up.

If neither, then they are both blown or the issue is upstream. Go to the amp and swap the + and - speaker leads with another chnl. Now power up and listen to see if the noise stays with the same amp chnl or moves with the suspect speakers that were originally noisy.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the help. I will try!

Comment

Another quick question?

If i decided to add another two tower speakers would I be able to utilize the Syn 2 amp or would I need a bigger amp? Thanks again

Comment

The Syn-2 will drive 2 pair of speakers. SO if you only have one pair now, you can add a 2nd pair. nearly plug and play with just a little gain adjustment once the wiring is done.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I have not looked at but had a audio guy look at. He says I have a input switch shorting. Says there is nothing he can do? Do you know if I can I have this repaired or do I need a new amp? They can clear problem by wiggling I it switch I guess??

Comment

Working...
              X