Basic Amp Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic Amp Settings

I finally think I got everything wired up how it needs to be with the actual stereo components. But now I need to do some fine tuning. What are you guys runnings on your amps as far as general settings for the syn6 and syn2? My current setup is 420sq with 4 Rev10s going to the syn2. In boats and sub going to syn6. I'm following the wet sounds 420 instal guide to adjust the gains, which I'm assuming is the best way, but what about the other settings? I'm sure Mike will chime in. But I thought I'd also see what everyone else is running.
    BABz - babzusa.com
    Austin, TX

follow what the book says. Mike recommended I run the L/R MONO setting vs Stereo on the Syn 2

As far as the Syn 6, I changed the signal from direct to channels 1-2 for the sub, when i put the 12 in this week I might go back but that gave me a little more with less gain then the direct switching. Since you are running the 420, you probably need to leave it on direct.

everything else tune to the book. Mike recommended that I push no further then half way on the gain, so thats what I did. The only problem was the 10FA just lacked output at anything less then 3/4 gain, hence why I am going up.
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Thanks for the response. I will do exactly what you said. I'm actually having some major distortions problems now. New thread.
      BABz - babzusa.com
      Austin, TX

Comment

Working...
      X