Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Tower Speakers for 2011 RZ2 - suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Tower Speakers for 2011 RZ2 - suggestions?

Howdy - just purchased a pre-owned RZ2 that didn't have any tower speakers installed. I have 4 slots and looking to install a decent, but not crazy expensive set. Looking for some good recommendations.

Thanks in advance,
    Kevin

Kevin,

What are your tower speaker goals? Do you prefer the look of 4 pods over 2? Want to reach wake range for boarding? Near field surf/party cove type listening? Or something that does both very well?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Get a set of wet sounds rev8 or even rev10 for better sound. Yes they are a little pricey but you won't buy another set or wish you would've spent the money the first time after buying several cheap sets. Shop around as dealers vary on pricing on the wet sounds. Don't pay anywhere near the msrp on their site. A set of rev 10 will probably set you back $850-900.00.

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
        Get a set of wet sounds rev8 or even rev10 for better sound. Yes they are a little pricey but you won't buy another set or wish you would've spent the money the first time after buying several cheap sets. Shop around as dealers vary on pricing on the wet sounds. Don't pay anywhere near the msrp on their site. A set of rev 10 will probably set you back $850-900.00.
        Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          Kevin,

What are your tower speaker goals? Do you prefer the look of 4 pods over 2? Want to reach wake range for boarding? Near field surf/party cove type listening? Or something that does both very well?
          Hi! my main goal is to enable my surfers/wakers to be able to hear the tunes when they are behind the boat. We don't have much of a near field need.

Thanks
          Kevin

Comment

my .o2..
            I have 4 icon8's. they are great for surfing and party cove but not much use at wakeboarding range. we only surf so they worked for me. I auditioned rev10's and found them, although VERY loud at wakeboard range, to be quite bright and a tad harsh as most hlcd's are. although the 10's are probably the best hlcd I have heard. my buddy just put up a 3some on his tower and again loud, but too bright for my taste.

good luck.
            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

I would suggest 2 pair of Wet Sounds Icon-8X and a Syn-DX2 or a single pair of Rev-10 and Syn-DX4.

Although the Rev-10 is an HLCD, we sell far more for non-wake range listening, then anything else. Once people hear the mid-bass and overall output, they are sold. With a good tune and a little EQ'ing, you can warm them up a little, and tone down the output from the compression driver for surfing, if you like. For when head room or bimini clearance is a concern, 2 pair of the smaller icon-8 is the way to go.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                I would suggest 2 pair of Wet Sounds Icon-8X and a Syn-DX2 or a single pair of Rev-10 and Syn-DX4.

Although the Rev-10 is an HLCD, we sell far more for non-wake range listening, then anything else. Once people hear the mid-bass and overall output, they are sold. With a good tune and a little EQ'ing, you can warm them up a little, and tone down the output from the compression driver for surfing, if you like. For when head room or bimini clearance is a concern, 2 pair of the smaller icon-8 is the way to go.
                CHPTHRIL-I have the factory tower 8's that came with boat 2013 RZ2. Mine does not have the swivel clamps can i buy just the swivel part? If so how much? I would need 2.

Comment

Originally posted by myers View Post
                  CHPTHRIL-I have the factory tower 8's that came with boat 2013 RZ2. Mine does not have the swivel clamps can i buy just the swivel part? If so how much? I would need 2.
                  Yes, you can purchase the TC3-S swivel/disconnect clamps and convert your X-Mount pods to swivel. However, just know that the beauty collar that bridges the gap between the pod and tower, will not be reused. The complete TC3-S is $299 a pair, but I think you can now get just the upper and lower swivel pieces, minus the tube clamp portion. If you have LEDs, dont forget the TC3-S 6-Pin kit $40 for a pair.

Comment

Working...
                  X