My Pro 60's are shot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Pro 60's are shot!

So, looks like the past owner's neglect has caught up to my tower speakers. The rubber gasket thing that surrounds the cone is basically dry rotted and they are cracking.

What's the cheapest and easiest way to fix this? Can they be rebuilt or just the speaker part dropped in?

Wet sounds will sell you the speaker without the housing.

Not sure if that is the cheapest way, but I had to do that myself on my Pro 60's... They charged me $140 per when I replaced mine.

Comment

Well, that's a hell of a lot cheaper than replacing the whole thing! Thanks!

Comment

I just replaced the surrounds on my 485. It was about $30 for a pair and aside from getting glue everywhere they seem to be holding but I've only been out one day with them.

Comment

So - you removed and glues on new ones? What kit did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by rhoadsdj View Post
            So - you removed and glues on new ones? What kit did you use?
            I used this kit for my 8" drivers, http://www.simplyspeakers.com/speake...kit-rsk-8.html, 60's I assume use 6" drivers so find a 6" kit. And yes, you have to scrape them off and glue the new ones on. I've only used them 1 day so far so no idea on longevity. But figured it was cheaper than buying new drivers if it works.

Comment

I too have had issues with the surrounds dry rotting.

Replaced them with new units from WS, seemed like the better long term option than just a foam repair.

Now my horn drivers are dead in both speakers, so it's back to the manufacturer I go for more replacement parts.

Comment

The original Pro series had a rubber surround. I would not suggest getting a repair replacement thats foam.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                X