Tower speaker control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower speaker control

New 2016 Z1, recently installed amp and 2 tower speakers and thought there was an option to control these on or off through the Polk head unit and the touch screen. The tower speakers are on all of the time, is this normal? I thought I had seen a button to control tower speakers on and off somewhere in the audio screens, but can't find it. Maybe I mistook a button to be that. Would like for the tower speakers to be on when I want them on, not on all of the time. Can easily install a toggle switch on the amp signal wire but would rather want to control through touch screen if possible, anybody know?
    I don't want to go to work, take me wake surfing instead!

Other than fade, i dont recall there being zone volume control. This would be volume control rather than an ON/OFF state. There is only a single switched output trigger to turn on amps, but its not controllable. I would consider the Kicker ZXM-RLC dual zone control rather than an on/off interrupt on the turn-on.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have a kicker ZXM-RLC for sale. PM me if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I would need to do some research on the Kicker device, I would love to have it fully integrated into the touch screen, will this Kicker device do that; or would there be another control panel I would have to operate in addition to the touch screen?

Thanks guys.
        I don't want to go to work, take me wake surfing instead!

Comment

Any of the zone controllers that are out there (kicker, roswell, WS...) will not function through the TT/TT2 screen, they all end up being a separate control knob. Truth be told, I think you will find that the simplicity of having the separate knob will be beneficial. Working through the screens and getting the the correct menu to make changes can take some time. If you need to drop the volume to talk to a rider in the water as you pick them up, simply reach down and turn the knob and it is off - pick up the rider and spin the knob. Quick and simple and honestly allows the driver to use the TT/TT2 screen to monitor speed/ballast/AVX-TAPS3...the things that need to be monitored and adjusted while operating the boat.

Not to derail the thread, but I see you had a 2007 22Ve. We are currently working on getting a 2007 22Ve, how did you like it? Feel free to PM me if you get time to keep the thread on point.
          "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Here is a pic of mine. I made a mounting bracket that has some adjustability in terms of how far it drops below he dash. I have since replaced with a wet sounds 420bt and love it, which highly recommend.
            Again my kicker is for sale and will include the mounting bracket which may work for you. I am not familiar with your dash.

Comment

I got a friend that will sell his 420 for $290 free shipping in US
              Wetsounds WS-420BT for sale

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...9&share_type=t

Comment

Working...
              X