Ht-4 Red light/ please say there's a magic reset button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ht-4 Red light/ please say there's a magic reset button

My HT-4 amp has the red protection light on with nothing attached to the amp accept for power and the remote switch. I have tried resetting it by removing power for 10min but nothing changed. It worked fine a week ago when I was getting the boat ready for the season. The only thing that I have done wrong is that when I was done cleaning I think I left the music pause and the key in the ACC. position with the Perko on. If that is what fried it I am shocked. The entire stereo system only has about 20hrs. on it. I think I put everything in 2014.

I am leaving for a trip in a week so I need to fix this ASAP. I like brands to match and I want pretty much plug and play without rewiring so I will replace it with another wetsounds. But if this amp is fried the main decider on my next boat purchase might be no Wetsounds products aboard.

Thanks
    Zach

Have you check the voltage at the amp power cable terminals?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

All the voltages are good after charging the batteries. They got down to 9.5 from leaving the key on. Just gotback in from giving it one last try. I made a jumper for the remote switch and connected it, still red light. So then I was really pissed off and just kept turning it off and on and bingo the blue light came on. I'm going to run it all day and hope for the best. While I was under there I was replacing the RCA cable with JL audio cables because half my speakers were cutting out. I thought it was a lose connection on the cable but it appears to be a problem with the head unit leads. My out feed was coming out of the middle set of RCA's. I moved it to the top and it appears to have fixed it. Does it matter what set I use on a Alpine? Also I want to do the free air sub mode under the helm that you recommend. Can I put vents on the driver side instead of the locker side since I have a heater and limited space? If so what size ports?

Thanks for your help
      Zach

Comment

Glad it returned to normal mode. i imagine it was due to low voltage. Low voltage protect mode is a design feature with most any quality amp brand. As voltage drop, current consumption goes up. Its basically a self preservation feature.

The back of the woofer needs to be opened up to the locker, not the main cabin. This is not a mod to port the woofer to any degree, but rather give the back of the woofer a cavity with a proper air volume. We need to retain 100% front to rear cone isolation.

It does not matter what head unit outputs you use as long as its a left and right and is full range. Before ripping out RCAs, check for a snug fit between the interconnects. May just need to compress the ground terminals or spread the center post tip.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

deleted double post
          Last edited by chpthril; 05-30-2016, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X