Tower pre wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower pre wiring

Does it hurt your speaker performance if your tower is pre wired with 18 ga wire and you hook up with a new wetsounds speaker wired with 14ga?

Sent from my A22 75' back

The real determining factor in , is the amp wattage thats going to pushed through that circuit. With that said, i dont use anything smaller than 14ga for a tower setup. This is due in part to the length of the run and how much amp wattage we typically go with, even for a 6.5" coax.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      The real determining factor in , is the amp wattage thats going to pushed through that circuit. With that said, i dont use anything smaller than 14ga for a tower setup. This is due in part to the length of the run and how much amp wattage we typically go with, even for a 6.5" coax.
      It's a Rev 410. Was planning to add a pair of Rev 10's and power it all with an SD-6.

I'm assuming with this info you would recommend pulling the 18ga out and re-wiring the tower with 14?

Comment

12ga for sure and you will need 3 pair of 2 conductor
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

12 AWG. That is what wet sounds recommends for there Rev 10s and 410s. Just made the addition to my tigé.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X