WS-420BT dash install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WS-420BT dash install

I am new to the forum but found it very helpful so far. I recently installed an EQ in my dash and thought I would share how I did it since it turned out quite well. I have to admit I was quite nervous cutting a hole in my boat. We have an RZ2 and love it.

First I drew a rectangle slightly larger (1/16") than the eq on the dash in pen. Then using a straight edge I cut from one corner to other at a diagonal to form an "X". Don't cut the vinyl In a square so you have material to push in the hole and keep the dash tight. I then taped the fabric to the dash in order to open up the soon to be hole. Using the razor blade I removed the foam rectangle the size of the eq. Then I used a heavy duty cut out tool to go through the plastic. I made sure the eq would fit and was tight, use a file to open it up farther if needed.

In order to get though the fiberglass I drilled four holes, one in each corner of the rectangle I just created in order to transfer the dimensions. Use a drill bit that is long enough to reach the fiberglass. Then I sat under the helm and lined up the 4 holes making another rectangle. I used the cut out tool again from the back side to cut the hole in the fiberglass. It will need some cleaning up so grab the file. Also use a shop vac while cutting to collect as much dust as possible. Once through I made sure the eq fit all the way in, luckily my first try was a success.

Push the fabric triangles in the hole and slide the eq in. I used the screws WS supplied, they were long enough to grab the plastic underneath the vinyl and foam. I hope this helps if you are considering it like I was and hesitant to cut a hole in your boat. It's hooked up and working well, just need some warm weather in Wisconsin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! Mine is definitely mounted under my dash. Cutting that hole would give me cold sweats.
    BABz - babzusa.com
    Austin, TX

Comment

WS-420BT dash install

I just started a thread relating to this topic.
      What was your cutout demensions and demensions of the faceplate

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showpost.php?p=761930

Last edited by Captainkurk72; 05-13-2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

WS-420BT dash install

I have the boat in storage so could not look. I believe the cut out was around 6-7/8 X 1" but do not quote me and definitely measure your actual unit prior too.

Comment

Ok thanks jdennis. I will call them today but worst case wait. Have a lot of goodies to instal Ina short amount of time so trying to make best use of it.

Comment

I am looking to do the same upgrade. Do you recall the lengths of RCA cables you needed? which way did you route the RCA?
            On a scale of 1-10 how tough was the wiring?
            My current setup has 2 amps and i have 4 rev 10s on the tower and a sub. Am I short an amp to complete the setup?
            Thanks!

Comment

Do you recall the lengths of RCA cables you needed? which way did you route the RCA?
              17 ft will give you a cushion and under walkway

Am I short an amp to complete the setup?
              How so, are the in-boats on the head unit? Is your system not factory installed?
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                17 ft will give you a cushion and under walkway

How so, are the in-boats on the head unit? Is your system not factory installed?
                System is factory but 2 rev10s were added to the tower for a total of 4 after original build. I have not dug into it at all yet.

Comment

In that case, the big amp in there is powering the woofer and the 6 in-boats. You've got amps you need to utilize the WS420's 3 zone volume control.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                  X