Extending Bluetooth Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extending Bluetooth Range

Has anyone had any luck with extending their bluetooth range? I have an iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s+ (both with waterproof cases) that I keep losing signal on. Anywhere in the boat its fine. But just a few feet from the swim platform and it cuts out. I've tried removing the covers with no luck. Is there some way to remedy this?
    BABz - babzusa.com
    Austin, TX

Not a lot you can do other than move things around. Perhaps your bt receiver is next to something noisy in the rf world.

Also try something non apple.....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sadly, most of the BT range complaints we see, seem to be with the use of "I" devises. Are you pairing the OEM BT? Im not even sure which brand/model it is on a 2015.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

airplay adapter solved my issue. here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/AirEnabler-Ada.../dp/B00EZWVZ44

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          Sadly, most of the BT range complaints we see, seem to be with the use of "I" devises. Are you pairing the OEM BT? Im not even sure which brand/model it is on a 2015.
          That seems to be what I'm finding out. Apple devices are the ones having issues. I have the PA450UM in my 15 RZ4.

Originally posted by howie450 View Post
          airplay adapter solved my issue. here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/AirEnabler-Ada.../dp/B00EZWVZ44
          This is an interesting idea. Are you still able to skip tracks from the tige touch?
          BABz - babzusa.com
          Austin, TX

Comment

That AirPlay is cool, to bad I comtrol my GoPro with my phone via wifi. Kinda one or the other if you do that.
            My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
              That AirPlay is cool, to bad I comtrol my GoPro with my phone via wifi. Kinda one or the other if you do that.
              Sounds like you need an iPad!
              BABz - babzusa.com
              Austin, TX

Comment

Looks like this is no longer available.
                BABz - babzusa.com
                Austin, TX

Comment

Well I'm not sure why it wasn't available for a few days. But I was finally able to order this. Came in today and hooked it all up. First off, the 3.5mm cord this came with is garbage. Barely touching it would cause audio to go crazy. But oh well. Just grabbed one of a million I had lying around. Setup was very easy. But man does this thing give off a lot of background noise. To be honest, I was really disappointed in this thing. Looking at the airenabler website, they recommend a 3rd party DAC for better sound. Did you go with a 3rd party DAC? This combined with not being able to skip tracks via the transom controller or head unit may be a deal breaker.

Any other ideas on extending the bluetooth range?
                  BABz - babzusa.com
                  Austin, TX

Comment

I haven't hooked up a bluetooth dongle yet so the likelyhood of this being a dumb idea is high

What about using two bluetooth dongles. One located in the bow and one in the rear compartment. Split the RCA's at the input part and use a switch for the power to the bluetooth dongle. On BT1, off, and ON BT2.

Again, I haven't hooked my bluetooth adapter up yet but... given that they aren't terribly expensive...
                    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Originally posted by Stingreye View Post
                      I haven't hooked up a bluetooth dongle yet so the likelyhood of this being a dumb idea is high

What about using two bluetooth dongles. One located in the bow and one in the rear compartment. Split the RCA's at the input part and use a switch for the power to the bluetooth dongle. On BT1, off, and ON BT2.

Again, I haven't hooked my bluetooth adapter up yet but... given that they aren't terribly expensive...
                      I mean that sounds like it would work to me. I would think hooking up some kind of class 1 Bluetooth to start would also do the trick. I'm also starting to think my iPad Air is the problem. I know the newer iPads have class 1 Bluetooth. But I can't seem to find any info on my air.
                      BABz - babzusa.com
                      Austin, TX

Comment

Working...
                      X