Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower Wire Quick Disconnect options

Chp,

I wanted to send a PM but I can't attach an image unless it's a URL in the PM section so I posted this here....doesn't have to only be him answering though

What would be the best way to quick disconnect my tower speaker wire at the two points shown in the photos?

20160511_201906.jpg20160511_201939.jpg
    Attached Files

For the inline connected at the folding joint, you could do a simple 4-way flat or square trailer style plug. They come with like 10" leads so you cut the wires and splice the two halves of the connectors in. A better option is to get a Packard, Molex or Deutsch weather sealed connector setup. Sometimes you can get these with leads and just splice it on, but typically, you get the male and female connector body and then male and female terminals and you have to build both halves. This requires the proper crimpers to attach the terminals.

For the deck, I would suggest a Neutrik 4 pole round chassis and mating connector.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks chp....I remember you mentioning the Packard/Deutsch connector and those were the ones I couldn't remember...do you sell those or any suggestion on where to get them from if you don't?

Edit: Alright I found them but dang you aren't kidding...the crimp tool for those things is $40 alone.....I'll try and track some down with leads on them already...
      Last edited by BurnMac42; 05-12-2016, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X