Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone make decorative panels that replace speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone make decorative panels that replace speakers?

The speaker cones on our Tige 24Ve are disintegrating. Noticed it when removing the boat from storage this year. Literally falling apart, just touching a cone turns it into chips and dust. I presume from so much UV exposure. Who knew you needed to rub 303 Protectant into your speaker cones?!?

We NEVER turn on the sound system. It's probably been powered on less than five minutes in this 2009 boat. So I don't want to spend money to fill those holes with expensive speakers that we will never use. If we ever sell the boat, the new owner can install whatever he wants, the wires will be back there waiting for him, and then his speakers will be brand new, not already UV degraded.

I can't be the first person who needed to nicely cover a former speaker hole. Is there something in the market that fills this need?

Thanks!

Not sure it would look very nice but what about deck plates that match the diameter of the speaker (if they exist).

http://www.jmsonline.net/t-h-marine-...FQmVfgodaVYGBg
    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

If you don't care about sound, just put in some cheap automotive speakers from Walmart or Ebay. They will come with grilles. No need to buy marine speakers for what you are doing.

Comment

Interesting idea: I could just mount the grilles and skip the speakers entirely. Hmmmm.....

Comment

I got grills if you want them. Make a ring and cover it with black grill cloth, but the speaker grill over it like its the speaker, then bolt it down.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Awesome! Let me check the measurements and get back to you. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X