Factory install Wet sounds 10" sub in 2011 RZ4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory install Wet sounds 10" sub in 2011 RZ4

My brother just bought a 2011 Rz4 and the sub just can't keep up with the rev 10's and rev 8's on the tower. It is a factory installed Wet Sounds 10, assuming its free air. Has anybody replaced the sub, and is there room to build a box for a 12" sub in the same location. I looked in the compartment just forward of the driver and the heater core is installed there, couldn't see the back of the sub. I have an 06 24ve and have installed a sub in that compartment. Any help is appreciated before I tear into it! Thanks.

akdoc, the short answer is yes, I have put an xs 12 in a box in my 2010, and a XXXv2 in my 14 under the helm in boxes, you will have to move some stuff around but they fit well.

Comment

I'm assuming there are 2 walls there, one in the front compartment that the heater core is mounted on, then another one that is just in front of the drivers seat?

Comment

Yes, you will need to cut the wall out where the current sub is located and remove the divider that the heater is mounted to. I just mounted my heater to the top of the Sub box but others may have better ideas

Comment

I have a 2010 RZ2 and here is what I did! Two Free Air 10" 2ohm WS subs, wired in series and bridged on ch 5&6 on my Sinister6 amp. Thumps pretty good!
          IMG_7715.jpgIMG_8227.jpg
          2010 Tige RZ2 "Fully Loaded" 650hrs
          Surf Ballast & Enzo Bag - 1235 prop

Comment

These things need room and power. I also have installed 2 10FA 2ohm at the helm. Behind the woofers I cut a hole 9" in diameter into the wall and in doing so opened up the factory box, the woofers now utilize the entire bow as 1 big box. Mine are run in a series and are bridged on ch 5 and 6 of a syn6 wetsounds amp. Also you'll need to do some fine tuning with the gain and frequency on the amp. For just 1 2ohm 10fa just use ch 5. For 1 4ohm 10fa bridge ch 5 and 6 I believe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
            2015 Tigé R20

Comment

Lots of info in here ...

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ades-2014-2015
              2013 RZ2 with Convex VX, MLA Custom Sacs

Comment

Working...
              X