2016 Z1 Wetsounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Z1 Wetsounds

I have a question, we just purchased a new Z1 and it was equipped with 2 Rev 10's on the tower. I'm wanting to put 2 more Rev 10's on it but is it worth the money to do so? If someone has done this please give me your opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If u like it loud like I do I would add em and push em there great additions to any boat but you'll wish u did it sooner after hearing them.
    surf till u die.

Comment

Doubling the surface area, as in adding 2 more speakers, is the most efficient way to increase the output. Its absolutely a noticeable difference. What amp was installed to drive the current towers?
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I think I have 1 syn6 and 1 syn4. I just bought the boat and have it in the shop getting the windows tinted and they will give me full credit for my syn6 since I just bought the boat. It will still run me about $1900 to get 2 new Rev10's with led rings, new amp, and installation. I feel like it's the right time to get it done since I will get full credit on my amp.

Comment

I dont understand the credit thing, taking out the Syn-6 leaves the sub and in-boats dead in the water, so to speak. You need that amp.

What ever amp is driving the original tower speakers, trade it in for the SD-2, unless its already a SD-2.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

My bad you're right. I have a Syn-6 powering the 6 speakers in the boat and a Syn-4 powering the 2 Rev10's and sub. So if I understand them correctly they will credit me for the Syn-4 and I'll buy another Syn-6.

Comment

No, you dont want another Syn-6. You want an SD-2 to replace the Syn-4 or keep the original Syn-4 and add a 2nd

However, I have a feeling that you dont have a Syn-4, but rather a Syn-2.

Comment

$850-1000 range for the rev10 depending on dealer, and approx $200+- more for that SD2 amp swap should be a close realistic number. Unless your being charged WS MSRP for the items and a ton in installation!

Maybe the speaker pods are boat color matched? Otherwise I don't see that much in just a simple swap out deal.
                Last edited by JLG; 04-22-2016, 01:46 AM.

Comment

I really don't know other than the dealer told me to get 2 more Rev10's I'll need to get a new amp also. My Rev10's aren't color matched but they do have the led rings.

Comment

Worth noting, Rev-10's from Tige, with the beauty collars, will be $250-$300 more than Rev-10X from Wet Sounds.

Comment

2016 Z1 Wetsounds

Okay here's what I have now. Syn-6, and Syn-4 powering 2 Rev10's, 6 -6 1/2's, and 1 -10 in sub. They will give me $599 back for my Syn-4 and I'll buy 1 SD6 amp, 1 pair of Rev10's, and 1 set of LED rings. Everything plus installation is $1900. It looks like to me that's a pretty good deal from my research on the Internet. I'm just wondering if it's worth the money or not since I haven't heard one like that yet. I love the sound so to me I'm sold but my wife isn't real happy with me. Lol

Last edited by tigeZ16; 04-22-2016, 02:26 AM.

Comment

They will give me $599 back for my Syn-6 and I'll buy 1 SD6 amp
                        This isnt going to work. If you want, have your dealer call me for more info. But just an FYI, the Syn-6 retails for $899, however, $600 is a fain number since its technically used.

Comment

The syn-6 and sd6 won't work?

Comment

You need an SD-2 for the two pair of Rev-10.

Comment

Hey man you were right about my amps. I have one Syn-6 and one Syn-2 and the new amp will be a SD-2. They're installing everything now and should be ready Thursday with the new Rev10's and windows tinted. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                              X