Building a stereo from the ground up on my 22ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a stereo from the ground up on my 22ve

I now have a new to me 2008 22ve! It's my first inboard and I can't wait to get it on the water. Picking it up in two weeks! The original owner, had the stereo delete option on it. It was owned by an all girls summer camp. The boat has high hours ~900 but is in good shape inside and out. It has the GM 5.7L Vortec 320HP. I'll throw up some pics when I pick it up!

Since it has no stereo, I have been looking through the forums and learning a lot, so I can build one myself. I have done some car audio so I am sure I can do it, I just want to get all the details right first. I am not trying to break the bank on a whole wetsounds system, but the Rev 10's seem to be great quality so I am thinking about them for the tower, the SYN4 and WS420 seem to pair naturally with them. This is what i have planned so far...

WS420BT and no head unit.
    SYN4 to power 1 pair of Rev 10's on the tower.
    6 Polk DB651's for inboats. (65rms each)
    Soundstream TN.950 to power inboats and Sub. (4 x 130rms & 1 x 430rms @ 2ohm; 4 x 85rms & 1 x 270rms @ 4ohm)
    Sub suggestions for ~400rms?

My plan is to wire a pair of polks in parallel on channels 1,2, and 3. Then a DVC sub @ 4ohm in parallel or a 2ohm sub. This would give me 400w from the amp for the sub.

I have a factory EDIB switch with two batteries. I will run a 1/0 gauge line with a marine circuit breaker (150A?) to a fused distribution block (also 150A?) and then 4 gauge line to each amp. All grounds with be the same size as the positives. 12 guage to towers and sub, 14 to all speakers.

Now for my questions...What is the general thought on the above setup, do you see any problems with it?
    For the WS420, is there somewhere in the above setup I can tap into for power or should I run an 18 gauge power/ground all the way back to the battery?

Will my 1/0 power line come off the common of the battery switch or directly off the second battery? How long of a cable run do I need to reach the passengers console locker from the port vdrive locker where the batteries are? Will I need a second house battery for a stereo this size?

I plan on putting the sub under the driver's console and the ws420 on that side too. Should I put the amps over there to make wiring easier? I know there is a glassed in board for amps on the passenger side.. suggestions?

Any other thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

My plan is to wire a pair of polks in parallel on channels 1,2, and 3. Then a DVC sub @ 4ohm in parallel or a 2ohm sub. This would give me 400w from the amp for the sub.
    That TN5.950 is a 5 chnl amp, so its got a dedicated sub chnl. This leaves you 4 chnls for the three pair of in-boats. Bow pair on 1 and 2, port main cabin pair on 3, STBD main cabin pair on chnl 4. In-boats are no running stereo.

I have a factory EDIB switch with two batteries. Will my 1/0 power line come off the common of the battery switch or directly off the second battery? How long of a cable run do I need to reach the passengers console locker from the port vdrive locker where the batteries are? Will I need a second house battery for a stereo this size?
    House battery

at least 22ft

depends some unknowns. Size of current battery, how long do you want to play at rest?

For the WS420, is there somewhere in the above setup I can tap into for power
    Amps

Should I put the amps over there to make wiring easier
    Nope, mount them in the OEM spot.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

If you ever want a head unit and transom controlls, let me know, I have a brand new one for sale.
      Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Thanks for the info! I can't wait to start putting it all together!

Comment

what you got duffy?

Comment

Working...
          X