Swapping Pro 60's for Rev 10's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swapping Pro 60's for Rev 10's

I'm thinking about swapping out my Pro60's for a new set of Rev 10's. Do I need any bracket, can I reuse the one from the Pro 60's? Also, wondering what a used set of Pro 60's would be worth to sell?

I assume there is a difference in power requirements to the Rev10's. Would the existing set up still be fine with some tweaking or is another amp required?

If your 09 has the Alpha Z tower, there are no extra brackets or mounting hardware. You will just need to order the rev-10X or Rev-10S if you want swivel/disconnect. Dont forget the TC3-S 6-Pin of you want LEDs with the REV-10S.

Now, if your Pro-60 was OEM installed and have the fancy collar between the pod and tower, then that will likely not fit well on the larger Rev-10.

More power is not really needed, but certainly worth it if you want to drive them to their potential. I would suggest the new Syn-DX4 for a single pair or SD-2 for the potential of adding a 2nd pair. Upgrading wiring is likely needed if the amp is upgraded.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks Mike. Someone I know has a demo set so I assume they have the clamp mounts on them right now. Wasn't sure what I would need to then put on my alpha Z tower.

So I need a different collar to mount the Rev10's?

I would stay with a single pair.

thanks

Comment

If they have the TC3-FIXED clamps, you will need the X-Mount conversion Kit from Wet Sounds. If you want to retain the beauty collars, you would need to order the complete Rev-10's from Tige through your Tige dealer.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have these, I'll sell them to you cheap. If their the ones you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CoreyZ1 View Post

I have these, I'll sell them to you cheap. If their the ones you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            What he would need, is what is missing from you have pictured. Sorry, nothing worth buying

Comment

Hey Dave. i would really recommend 350-400 watts per Rev10..

Not so much for the loudness but the power will drive the Rev10 much cleaner and you will be able to hear much more out of your speakers..trust me!!! More power is better.

Comment

So I'm starting to move forward on this. Picking up the Rev 10's today. I've also recently installed a second free air 10 which is wired out to send 4ohm to the amp while bridged back at the amp. I'm looking for the best way to now move forward. I got a Boss PH2.1000 from my neighbor for free which I was then going to use for the REV 10's and look at possibly replacing it next year with another WS amp. http://www.bossaudio.com/auto/car-au...udio-ph2-1000/

My question is how I should move forward? Leave the 2-10's bridged on the Syn 6 or move them to the Syn 2 that currently runs the towers so they are on their own amp? That would leave all the in boats on the Syn 6, Rev 10's on Boss, and subs on the Syn2.

Other question is how worth it is it to make a box for the 2-10's? I know they are free air but WS does have the dimensions for a sealed box in the manual. Wasn't sure how much of a difference it would really make. Adding just the second 10 made a huge difference.

Comment

I do like that 3-amp plane, just note, the likely output of that BOSS amp is going to be half of its advertised rms. Class-A/B amp with 2 x 25A chassis fuses gives a hint. I dont see that amp delivering 375 x 2 @ 4 ohm. So use it for now, then get a Syn-4 or Syn-DX4 later.

I would bridge the bow speakers on chnls 1/2 and 3/4 and then wire the main cabin pairs in parallel and wire to chnl 5 and 6. 150 across the board to all the in-boats. This leaves the woofers splitting 700+.

Nope, leave the woofers running IB, because the locker cavity is their enclosure.

Comment

Would 2 free air 10's hit harder/louder than a single XS-12? Right now I have an older XS-12 in a box and I just don't feel like it's hitting very hard at all.....the only thing I have to compare that too though is back in high school when I had 2 12's in my trunk and I ashamedly admit was one of those kids who shook windows.....I don't need window shaking anymore but I play songs that I know have some good sounding bass and I feel like the sub just falls flat in it's range.....

I also ask about the FA subs because it would nice to free up that storage space under the helm again vs having a sub box taking up 90% of the space....

Comment

BurnMac42. Is you box sealed or ported? Ported would probably be better.

I only went with a second free air as I already had one in the boat and I got the second of dukesofhazzard for $75 so it was an easy addition over spending a lot more to get a different sub and box put in.

Chpthril: I only ask about a box for the 10's as the locker in front of the drivers seat is stuffed full of life jackets, bumpers, and everything else so there isn't much air space. left.

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post

I only went with a second free air as I already had one in the boat and I got the second of dukesofhazzard for $75 so it was an easy addition over spending a lot more to get a different sub and box put in.

Chpthril: I only ask about a box for the 10's as the locker in front of the drivers seat is stuffed full of life jackets, bumpers, and everything else so there isn't much air space. left.
                        It's sealed and admitably it was a cheapy off Amazon. One of my cheaper projects is going to be to pull the box/sub, strip the carpet off and paint the entire thing with truck bedliner....maybe that will help seal up any leaks...

I've also wondered if my amp is 100%...Chp has helped me a TON getting my wires all straightened out, etc which improbed it a lot but I believe one of the channels is bad on the amp...I might pull it and have someone check it out even if its just to give me piece of mind that the amp is not part of the problem....

I have so many projects lined up for this thing but I have to balance that with life and cost lol...especially after sinking $4,500 into a new trailer for her this season....I'm going to eventually re-do most of the audio but it keeps slipping back for more important things...

Comment

I'm sure you will get a lot more sound/bass if you put that in a ported box. Even on the WS link here it recommeds a ported box over a sealed. That is a pretty good sub so box and proper power could potentially do wonders for you. I'd leave details to Chpthril to explain or recommend further.
                          http://www.wetsounds.com/media/produ...Subwoofers.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by BurnMac42 View Post
                            Would 2 free air 10's hit harder/louder than a single XS-12? Right now I have an older XS-12 in a box and I just don't feel like it's hitting very hard at all.....the only thing I have to compare that too though is back in high school when I had 2 12's in my trunk and I ashamedly admit was one of those kids who shook windows.....I don't need window shaking anymore but I play songs that I know have some good sounding bass and I feel like the sub just falls flat in it's range.....

I also ask about the FA subs because it would nice to free up that storage space under the helm again vs having a sub box taking up 90% of the space....
                            Mac,

im going to steer clear of "hits hard" as its more of a perception. I will also try not to get too deep since there are some unknowns. In terms of bass output, its mostly about surface area, which equals moved air. So, two 10" woofers have a great deal more surface area than a single 12". So, if most other factors being equal, or relatively close, then yes, two 10" woofers will have more output than a single 12"

Now, does this me you need to toss the XS-12 in favor of a couple of xs-10ib's. no! I would first want to evaluate ever detail about your current setup, before entertaining any equipment. however, if gaining back storage is a top priority, then going from a single 12" in an enclosure to two 10" IBs, is a consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post

Also consider that the mid-ship locker is open to the bow cavity over the top of the bulkhead. Even with some soft goods in there, theres plenty of air space for the woofer to operate in.

Comment

Working...
                              X