Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

usb adapter for my stock clarion '01 21v?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usb adapter for my stock clarion '01 21v?

I'm wanting to customize my tunes this summer and was wondering which usb adapter I would need to hook my phone or mp3 player to. Or is there a replacement clarion or similar head unit that will still control my transom remote as well as the remote by the driver?

I just upgraded mine for the same reason. I had clarion xdm2(factory) and from doing research found you couldn't connect aux to it. I believe it has 6 pin cable. Still in the process of installing clarion m505 and had to add MW1(new pod at driver) cause old pod isn't compatible with new head units. You also have to get a new 8 pin din cable pulled to connect pod to head unit. I'm sure the stereo guru's will chime in and let you know what you need.

Comment

RFV,

Can you let us know what model Clarion head-unit you have? There some some options if the head-unit is only 1-2 generations old. If it is indeed the factory installed Clarion, I would say there are no options for USB integration. Further, a new head-unit would also require new remotes.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

RFV, I just got the same boat and I have the Clarion XMD2 stereo in the glove box with 2 M101RC wired remotes (1 on transom and 1 at drivers seat). I've been researching options for awhile and this is my plan: Install Clarion CMS2 "hide away" stereo on the drivers side and eliminate the drivers wired remote. I'll get the CCUMRA1 adapter to maintain the transom remote. I'm going to install the CMS2 display where you see the wired remote to the right of my steering wheel. In the future I can replace the transom remote with one of the newer LCD wired remotes. I'm not quite sure about what I'm going to do with the cutout in the glove box where the XMD2 is installed. I guess I can screw on a plastic panel and install some usb charging ports or something??

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/product...l/marine/CMS2/

http://www.clarion.com/ca/en/product...404168827.html

20160404_113858.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X