Clarion MF1 Remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarion MF1 Remote

Any one purchase one of these wireless remotes? I am curious if it can be mounted and used as a transom remote.

I would worry about the cradle not lasting long in a high activity area like the transom. A better option would be the wired remote.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thank you, that is what i was curious about. To do a wired Clarion remote do i need to drill a good size hole to install or are there any other options?

Comment

I added a MF-1 to my stereo. Love it, but carry it around, it's not mounted. We have one of those surf control wrist bands attached to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, the clarion wired remotes do require a large whole. The non display is about 2" hole and LCD remote is about a 3" hole. The RF remote will work back at the transom, but I just wouldnt mount the cradle. Although the RF floats, I would maybe tie a bright colored floatie key chain to it for extra visibility.

Another option would be the Clarion Wifi module and use your phone with APP and put the phone in a waterproof case. Just need to make sure the wifi is compatible with your head-unit
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks again for the input. Drilling holes in a boat is never fun but it gets easier every time. I am intrigued by the floatie idea but i can see friends stealing it and screwing with me

Comment

Working...
            X