Adding WS420, Pair of Rev10 tower spreakers, and a SYN-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding WS420, Pair of Rev10 tower spreakers, and a SYN-4

I have a 2014 Z1 currently with the Clarion CMD6, SYN-6 Amplifier, XS-650 speakers, and the XS-10FA subwoofer. I am adding WS420, Pair of Rev10 tower spreakers, and a SYN-4.

I will be replacing the factory tower wiring with 12ga wire. On the SYN-6, Channels 1-2 will be used for interior speakers, and bridge channels 5-6 for the sub. On the SYN-4, bridge channels 1-2 for the pair of Rev10 tower speakers.

From the SYN-6, the RCA cable from Channels 1&2 will go to the WS420 R&L Boat Output, RCA cable from Channels 5&6 will go to the WS420 R&L Sub. From the SYN-4, the RCA cable from Channels 1&2 will go to the WS420 R&L Tower Output.

From the WS420 RCA R&L Input Main will go to Points 7&8 (AUX1 Input) on the CMD6.

Attached is a few pictures of my SYN-6 amp that will need some wiring modifications done to it and a wiring diagram that I put together for connecting everything. The wiring diagram got compressed when uploading and is hard to read.

For the remote turn on, I plan to daisy change between the SYN-6,SYN-4, and the WS420. Is this acceptable?

For the +12V and Ground on the WS420, can I pick up off of one of the amps as shown in the wiring diagram or should I pick up 12V and Ground at the helm?
    Attached Files

From the WS420 RCA R&L Input Main will go to Points 7&8 (AUX1 Input) on the CMD6.
    That red AUX-IN is an input to the head unit, you want an output. I suggest the purple NON-FADE.

Attached is a few pictures of my SYN-6 amp that will need some wiring modifications done to it and a wiring diagram that I put together for connecting everything. The wiring diagram got compressed when uploading and is hard to read.
    Just need to move one wire and then retune the entire amp

For the remote turn on, I plan to daisy change between the SYN-6,SYN-4, and the WS420. Is this acceptable
    yes

For the +12V and Ground on the WS420, can I pick up off of one of the amps as shown in the wiring diagram
    Yes and make sure the head-unit is also drawing from the same battery source. Do not get B+ and B- from helm.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Got it, thanks for the help Mike!

Comment

Working...
      X