Adding a SiriusXM Stratus 6 to Alpine Head Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a SiriusXM Stratus 6 to Alpine Head Unit

Would like to add SiriusXM to existing system. I have an older Alpine CDA-118m head unit. It is Sirius XM "ready" but I think to use that function I have to buy old sirius add-on box specific to that head unit.

Has anyone hooked up a new Sirius unit like the Stratus to an older head unit? I am assuming the best option is to use the AUX in and just plug it in with the standard 1/8th inch cable.

Even though my boat is a little older and the stereo is now a few years old, it rocks. I have 5 JL Audio amps powering 4 tower Rev8's, 12 Wetsounds speakers, and 3 subs. I am hoping the sound quality from the Sirius head unit is good!

Any advice or opinions appreciated!

Jetter

cda118m.jpg
    629671.jpg
    2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
    360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

sure chp will weigh in on this.
    I have a kenwood adapter for xm radio. if the din plugs are the same and compatible, I'd send for cost of shipping.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post
      sure chp will weigh in on this.
      I have a kenwood adapter for xm radio. if the din plugs are the same and compatible, I'd send for cost of shipping.
      Cool - do you have a model # for the kenwood receiver? My Alpine has an Ai-Net connector for sirius.
      2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
      360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Comment

Here is what you need for that CDA-118m + the Alpine cable. Problem is, its been retired bout 3 years now. May still be some floating around out there but I would confirm that Voxx is still operating the programming site before purchasing.

Otherwise, you would have to go with a universal unit that interfaces through the AUX.

Now, I just happen to have one of those Voxx units and Alpine cable. Customer blew the speaker amp in his CDA-118 when he let his landscaper move and rewire a pool speaker on a post that I installed an wired. Rewired the two speakers from series to parallel and the head-unit blew. Swapped him to Sony head unit cause Alpine had already gotten out of the head-unit biz. Could not get the Voxx unit to reprogram over to a Sony, so he got a new SAT receiver in the end. Would be happy if it found a home and got used.

I may have some other accessories for the CDA-118M
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

jump on this if chp has one. he knows his shoit and if the kenwood unit was compatible, he would have mentioned it...
          2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
          2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
          X