Bluetooth Upgrade for CMD5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth Upgrade for CMD5?

So - there is an overwhelming variety of options out there for adding bluetooth to a CMD5 head unit. Who is happy with their set up and what did you do? Looking for a permanent installation that doesn't involve plugging a battery-powered adapter into an AUX port..

Thanks!

rhoads,

I really like the Wet Sounds BTVC for its volume knob and track skip. Good range and great sound quality. Next, I like the Metra/Carwin vega/JL universal unit. great range and sound quality, gets mounted behind the head-unit. Both units hard hard wired in and permanent.

If you get down by the shop you can get a demo of both of these options.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I just installed the Exile one. Absolutely love it. And it was only $25

Comment

Just an FYI, the exile labeled unit is the same one as the Metra, Cerwin vega and JL labeled unit.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have one of these, works great, connects quickly.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o09_s00

Comment

I have a CMD 6 and had a fusion MS-BT 100 fitted. Bluetooth works well but I lose connection to phone each time I turn off ignition, then need to pair again, it's a PITA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Mike, I will swing by in a few weeks once I get back from travelling. On the wet sounds BTVC - seems like some mixed reviews out there. What do you make of the reviews complaining about the volume control increments being too large to be practical? Also some complaints about range and a touchy / wonky interface (meaning its hard to adjust volume without also skipping a track)?

Comment

In an application where we have a main source unit like a traditional head-unit or an EQ for zone volume, the volume dial is less significant as it would be in something like a golf cart or side x side where the BTVC is the main interface. I can see where if you wanted just a small increase in volume, you may actually skip a track rather than hold the knob long enough to change the volume.

The other units mentioned here user input functions are are installed behind the scenes. This means your phone/BT would be used for volume and track skip or use the main source unit for the volume. If one finds the volume and track skip on the BTVC to be touchy, you can still adjust the volume ans skip track from the phone as would be done while using the other modules.

I have found the range to be very dependent upon the phone's blue tooth transmitter. The range varies among the 3 android phones we use round here. Based on feedback, it seems the apple products have somewhat week. I had a customer experiencing some range issues. He could not lay his apple on the swim platform without it cutting out. I was able to walk past the front of the boat and exit my shop before cutting out, about 50 ft.

Comment

FYI - went with Cerwin Vega unit from Mike and installed it Sunday. It's fantastic! Super-easy install thanks to his instructions and works perfectly.

Comment

Which model cerwin vega?

Comment

CVBTR4 and the Metra unit is now shipping and its IBR64

Comment

Working...
                      X