Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereo is Dead

Folks,

I'm not a big stereo guy. Frankly, I don't even turn on my stereo much, and thankfully I didn't invest in tower speakers, because every time I turn on the stereo loud enough to hear it over the engine, my wife and/or mother-in-law yells "TURN THAT DOWN!" However, at the beginning of this season I noticed that the stereo won't turn on. I have a 2010 RZ2 with a Clarion unit and Wetsounds equipment. It is as if the stereo isn't even there when I try to turn it on. In this type of situation I always check fuses first. However, I can't find any fuses for the stereo. They aren't in the big fuse box where most of the others are under the helm. I found a few in the back of the amp, but I can't find any others for the Clarion unit. Does anyone have any ideas on where to check for fuses that may be blown? Does anyone have any other leads where I can start figuring out this issue? Thanks, and I'm sorry I've been off the forum for so long!

Matthew

my 2014 rz2 has the clarion head unit and theres an in line fuse on the back of the deck I think the wire is yellow if my memory is correct, either way you need to talk to chipthil hes a stereo gooru that's what id do.
    surf till u die.

Comment

There's probably an inline fuse near the battery and another inline where the stereo gets its power from the amp supply.

You also have a thinnner red cable to the stereo which comes from the ignition to let it turn on.

Use a multimeter and check both have 12v with the ignition on.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Head-unit no power up, correct? On your year model, the head-units yellow B+/MEM and ground are wired in to the Syn-6's main B+ and GND cables. So start with varifying that the house battery, usually in the in-board battery, is charged. Next, locate the inline fuse holders and check the fuses. Theres one for each factory amp. Next, check for battery voltage across the amp's main posts. Now move to the back of the head-unit with the volt meter. Confirm that the inline fuse is intact and that the connections are sound. With the key on, make sure you have voltage on the red wire.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thank you, peeps!

Comment

Hey Wallacmc I hope you find an easy fix for you problem but if by chance the head unit is dead I posted in the classifieds section that I have a Clarion CMS1 for sale.

Comment

I have 2013 Z3 where do i find the inline fuses for the stereo and amp ??? I found a 1 amp and 15 amp behind my stereo both were fine however changed to make sure . The only inline fuses i could find off the battery was leading to the battery charger . Any help i also have no power to my clarion deck

Comment

Martin,

The head unit B+ and ground come of the large Syn-6 amp. Each amp has its own B+ and ground going back to the battery and/or switch, depending on year. There will be an inline fuse holder on each amp B+. its 8ga cable so about 5/16" thick.

B+ stands for battery positive.

A volt meter will help speed things up and reduce guessing.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
                X