Kicker KM8 install: Sorry, not a Tige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kicker KM8 install: Sorry, not a Tige

For those that didnt see it, Kicker released all new marine speakers this spring. One was the 8" KM8 full-range in-boat coaxial. Ive been running a pair on my active display since Feb and have been real impressed with their performance. But, we all know thats not the same as a few pairs in a boat. Im wrapping up an install in a 2014 23 LSV this week. Its getting 2 pair of KM8 on the tower driven with 175W rms each and 2 pair KM8 in the main cabin, a pair of KM654 in the walkway and a pair in the bow, all driven off a Kicker ZXM800.5 with 50W rms to each.

I am blown a way with the KM8 in both the in-boat application and tower pods. As expected, there is a slight reduction in mid-bass due to the small pod displacement, bust still impressive performance and volume. No doubt these speakers will handle some power! For in-boats, the mid-bass extension and detail are outstanding. Very crisp, yet smooth.

Anyone looking to upgrade and want a bump in mid-bass and output, and have room for a speaker with an 8" OD, I highly recommend looking into the Kicker KM8LCW. They come with RGB LEDs on the back of the tweeter. The tweeter is suspended by a spider, with allows for you to choose the white or charcoal grill, both included in the box.

Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

tige or not... great work. pretty sik stuff mike. looks clean.
    2011 Tigé RZ4
    www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

Mike, is Kicker coming out with Pods for them or do you need to use aftermarket pods for the 8" speakers? I really like how the LEDs look when reflecting off the speaker (making the whole the glow) vs around the rim of the speaker.
      Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Looks great Mike....

Comment

@ sting,

I would love to see an 8" version of the current kicker tower pod but at this point I am not aware of one being in the works. If I hear of one I will certainly update. Those white pods are aluminum pods from Earmark Maine. The powder coat them domestically.

Thanks for compliments.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X