Help with Amp settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Amp settings

I have a 2010 RZ4 and recently had to get a new WS syn 2 for the 4 tower Pro 60s as original quit. I have the stock set-up with Syn 6 powering the in boat speakers and sub and the Syn 2 for the Tower speakers. My question is what should I have Amp settings at? I am really not knowledgable at all on this stuff and never really "tuned" the amps. Can you guys tell me what the settings for the Syn 6 and Syn 2 should be to optimize sound? Would really appreciate. Thanks!

Setting the Syn-2 is pretty easy.

In-put mode = L+R Mono
    Hz = 125
    range = 1X
    Filter = Hi-Pass
    bass boost = 0
    gain =

1. Play a typically loud music CD in your headunit. Set volume to 80%. Wear ear protection.
    2. Starting with the amp gains at their lowest setting, slowly raise one gain at a time until you hear clipping from the corresponding speaker. This will sound like audible distortion.
    3. Once you've found the clipping point, back the gain down until you no longer hear the distortion.
    4. Repeat for any addt'l gains on the amp/amps.
    5. Your new maximum volume setting on the headunit is 80%, never exceed that.

Setting up the Syn-6 is a bit more involved. Unless the settings have been altered or the RCAs reconfigured, it should be set pretty close to where it needs to be.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by Bay Wake View Post
      I have a 2010 RZ4 and recently had to get a new WS syn 2 for the 4 tower Pro 60s as original quit. I have the stock set-up with Syn 6 powering the in boat speakers and sub and the Syn 2 for the Tower speakers. My question is what should I have Amp settings at? I am really not knowledgable at all on this stuff and never really "tuned" the amps. Can you guys tell me what the settings for the Syn 6 and Syn 2 should be to optimize sound? Would really appreciate. Thanks!
      Mike is correct but if you need a manual you can do the following. I disconnected mine in the past and sent it to the factory for warranty work. Nothing wrong with it, but my batteries needed to be replaced. In any case, when I got it back, I had to reset the whole system. Go to the wetsounds website, go the support tab and choose download user manuals. Then in the middle of the page under "electronics" choose WS-420. Download the PDF. Go to page 6. This is their equalizer but the instructions will work the same because when you tune the system with the equalizer, the settings on the radio and equalizer are all flat. This should work. You should also download the PDF's for the Syn 6 and Syn 2 as well and read through to understand all the controls. It is pretty straightforward to get the basic settings in then you can tune to your likings.

Comment

Thanks Chpthril and Kerlee!! That is exactly what I needed.

Comment

Anyone that has to replace a failed Wetsounds amp -- be sure to contact Wetsounds. They do a core swap where you send the failed amp in and for $150 they send you a refurb or B-stock of the same amp (presuming the core is not trashed).

I recently did this for a failed Syn-4 thaty came stock on our 2009 RZ2. Yet another reason Wetsounds is awesome.

Comment

Working...
          X