Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Leaving for Ozarks Tomorrow and Stereo Doesn't Work.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! Leaving for Ozarks Tomorrow and Stereo Doesn't Work.

So.....

I was doing some final cleaning and packing for your trip tomorrow and was listening to music in ACC while I did so. Ran inside to grab a few items and when I came back out I noticed no sound was coming from the speakers. Started looking around, no blown fuses I can find, nothing loose anywhere.

This is what happens.

1. Turn ignition switch on (tried to the left... ACC and to the right RUN)
    2. Blower kicks on automatically as always and a quick pop from the speakers and then a buzzing from the speakers until I turn the blower off then no more buzzing.
    2. All the amps have the blue power light on them. All 4 amps are fosgate, 2 channel for in boats, (2) 4 channel for 2 pair of rev 10's on tower and bd1000 for sub. The amps have "power" "thermal" "protect". The two channel always stays on power (solid blue), both 4 channels stay on power (solid blue) but the bd1000 (sub amp) stays in power mode for a few seconds and then just turns off completely, not in thermal or protect.
    3. I have volume coming from the speakers that can only be heard when the volume is all the way to the max (33) and you have to be right by the speaker to hear it.
    4. Sub does not work at all and my sub controller dial mounted under TT does not work at all, no blue light.

Any ideas about what's going on. Go figure this happens the day before a 7 day boat trip. Ugh.

Did you try a different mode like CD, tuner, SAT etc? I would start with battery voltage
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yeah chp i tried the different modes and it was the same on all of them. Now when that I'm back in the boat went through the same process again and the bd1000 stays on and the 2 channel and now i have power to my sub controller. Now the (2) 4 channels power up initially and then shut down just like the bd was. no popping and buzzing when blower running anymore.

Think my house battery is low?

Comment

yes, I do.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks man, always a savior on here. Only have power on the 2 channel for in boats now. Ill throw the battery on the charger and see what happens.

Appreciate all the help with the ballast bags as well, they work great.

UPDATE.

Yep it's the battery, quick flip of the switch to combined and boom, pounding again. I'm stupid...... punch me repeatedly.
          Last edited by Z3CO23; 07-18-2014, 02:19 AM. Reason: updated situation

Comment

Working...
          X