Interior Speaker Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior Speaker Suggestions

I have at least one of my six interior speakers going bad and am considering upgrading all of them. They are the stock (2002 20v) Clarion cabin speakers. Head unit is the stock Clarion xdm1 with an Aux connection I put on. I replaced the stock 2 channel amp with a 6-channel, 2000 watt amp and another 2 channel, 400 watt amp. Also added 10" Rockford sub and two 6" Rockford tower speakers. 2 channel runs the towers and the 6 channel runs the interiors and sub. I believe the interiors are 6.5".

I'm looking for suggestions on mid-range (price/quality) interior speakers as well as any places to buy them. As you can see, the existing set up is patched together, but it works great for our needs. The more expensive, full-system upgrade to WS or something similar will have to wait until we get a newer boat.

Any feedback is welcome. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

I've had really good luck with the cheap alpine marine 6.5's. I had them on my tige and now my axis. I think they sound amazing, especially for the price. You can find them online for about $60 a pair.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-SPS-M600.html

Comment

I have tried many (Polk, Clarion, Pioneer, etc.) and when on a budget the Kicker 11ks65 or 11ks60 (actually closer to 6.5") are very nice. I like bright highs and these have them. If not on a budget and you still want 6.5" I would go with the Wetsounds WS-650's but the kickers sounds about 95% as good just a little less bass but that's what a sub is for. Won't need as much power either.

Comment

Working...
      X