Wetsounds Amp Error Code Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wetsounds Amp Error Code Help

Was hoping someone here could help my begin troubleshooting this.

Was out on the lake today and listening to the radio most of the day at mid/low volumes while boat was running and floating. No issues until the end of the day when the tower speakers suddenly shut off.

The tower speakers are Rev8's powered by a Syn 4.

Once the tower speakers shut off, I look at the Amp and the power light was flashing. (One long flash, a pause, and then three short flashes).

The wetsounds manual says that this flashing pattern is an error code for "repeated short" and to find the short and leave amp off for 5minutes.

Question is....where do I start to try and find the Short?!

With the system off, disconnect the speakers for one speaker and power up and play. Power down, reconnect and repeat, until you disconnect the one speaker and the amp stops going into protect mode. Next step would be RCA cables if no speaker leads stops it. A volt/ohm meter can help determine if a speaker is shorted or a wire is shorted to the tower.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Checked each speaker individually as suggested. Neither worked and error light still ongoing. Checked each speaker with voltmeter and each read 5.5ohm.

Unhooked positive speaker wire from amp and error code still ongoing.

Disconnected power from amp, waited 10 minutes, hooked back up and error code is still flashing.

Is this an amp issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

call wetsounds directly or message member wetsounds1 on here "Tim" that is will help you as he is with wetsounds. Good luck. BTW are you going to the TO reunion at LOTO in August??

Comment

Disconnect the RCA cables, then power the am up.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            Disconnect the RCA cables, then power the am up.
            Unhooked RCA and powered on amp. The light was green. Looked back at amp and it was flashing red error code again after a few seconds.

After letting the boat sit for an hour, the amp/speakers will usually work for about a minute before shutting back off and going into protect mode.

Bad amp? I guess I'll give wetsounds a call in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
              call wetsounds directly or message member wetsounds1 on here "Tim" that is will help you as he is with wetsounds. Good luck. BTW are you going to the TO reunion at LOTO in August??
              Thanks for the contact. Unfortunately no owners reunion for me this year. I've got my first little one due the last week of July.

Comment

Working...
              X