Wiring 3rd amp in RZR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring 3rd amp in RZR

So I'm adding 2 pair of Rev 10's and a KS600.2 and all my stock wiring is being used by my two current amps. I tried to trace (not very hard yet) the power and ground for the stock wiring and could not see where it came from. I obviously want all three from the same source (house battery I assume). Thinking a 3rd run with 4ga? Let me know where to run it to guys!

Mike

It runs up high on the pass side all the way to the battery, or the distribution block. Yes 4ga.

Comment

I would consider running a 1/0 trunk line to a 1-in/3-out for both the POS and GND, rather then run a 3rd dedicated home run POS and GDN for the new amp. This would put one more cable lug one the battery post. Going the trunk line route, you are removing the 2 existing and putting one back, so a net reduction of 1 cable lug. Its a little more upfront investment, but much cleaner in the end.

In your RZR, the audio should be terminated to the #2B post of the Dual Circuit Plus battery switch. If not, they should be, and not battery direct.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
      X